The Upgrade fairy lives

We will be going on our 9th cruise with RCCL and we got our first upgrade. Now we will see Alaska with a balcony instead of a window.

Excellent! A balcony is really great for Alaska.

Do you mind my asking if you booked with a TA or directly with RCI. We've always booked directly and have never once gotten an upgrade. Someone posted that they booked with a big box store and had really had good results.

Do you mind my asking if you booked with a TA or directly with RCI. We've always booked directly and have never once gotten an upgrade. Someone posted that they booked with a big box store and had really had good results.

I'd be very surprised if it matters how you are booked.

We always book directly. This was our first cruise as emerald. Our friends are traveling with us so we will all be on the balcony when we are going through Tracey Arms. My friend gets cold easy so we can go in the room if it is too cold. We are excited because we almost did not go because my sister and dad both passed away within 8 months of each which meant that we had to travel at the last minute to another state. After the year we have had we need a vacation.

Archived