Docked one day and tender the next in Sydney.

Circusboy354

Hi

We're booked on the Millennium from Sydney - Singapore on November 20th.

We board in Sydney on November 20th and depart on 21st. Here is where it gets tricky, at some point on November 20th the ship will leave the dock and we'll tender until the ship leaves on 21st.

My question is, does anyone know where the tender point will be? We are driving to Sydney and planned on returning the car on the 21st after visiting Bondi Beach. However now I'm worried if we park near Circular Quay that the ship will move to a remote area and tender back to a different area in Sydney.

Does anyone have any experience with this, docked one day and tendering the other in the same port?

Thanks.

Why don't you return the car on the 20th and use public transport to Bondi? Then you don't have to worry about getting a parking place at Circular Quay and getting back to it on the 21st.

Exactly!

Parking at Bondi can be a pain in the a..., and quite expensive on top of it.

From circular quai there are trains to bondi junction every few minutes, from where you can get numerous buses to the beach.

There is akso the hop-on-hop-off bus that covers all the important sights.

A city loop and a bondi loop. From circular quai you would change to the bondi loop at central station.

This sounds strange. According to the Sydney Ports schedule you are overnighting at the Overseas Passenger Terminal - if you had to tender it would list the buoy you are moored at (most likely either Point Piper near Double Bay or Athol Bay near Taronga Zoo)

Where did you get the information about having to tender from?

[Edit]

Aha. I may have the answer. I just looked at an older schedule which mentions that the Sun Princess is supposed to take your spot at the OPT on Nov 21. However the latest schedule indicates that the Sun Princess is now docking at the new White Bay terminal. You may want to confirm this but it looks like you will not have to tender.

The ships are usually at anchor at Athol Buoy which is over near the northern side of the harbour but the tender boats usually come in at the wharf alongside the Opera House near the entrance to the Botanical Gardens

This sounds strange. According to the Sydney Ports schedule you are overnighting at the Overseas Passenger Terminal - if you had to tender it would list the buoy you are moored at (most likely either Point Piper near Double Bay or Athol Bay near Taronga Zoo)

Where did you get the information about having to tender from?

[Edit]

Aha. I may have the answer. I just looked at an older schedule which mentions that the Sun Princess is supposed to take your spot at the OPT on Nov 21. However the latest schedule indicates that the Sun Princess is now docking at the new White Bay terminal. You may want to confirm this but it looks like you will not have to tender.

Hi

Tendered on the second day has always been on the itinerary but I always just thought that's the way it was listed for an overnight. When I tried to find what dock we were going to I noticed the Princess ship in dock the next day so pointed this out to the TA who contacted Celebrity who confirmed after boarding at 4pm we would be tendering.

We are travelling with our son who is 6 and our daughter who will be just about to turn one so having a car the second day could work out well for us, especially as we may have to visit Harry de Wheels on the same day.

We did Bangkok - Sydney on the Diamond Princess when our son (who's not impressed with the heat) was 1 year, instead of the ships tours in Australia we hired a car in every Australian port. It worked out much better for us, we did lots of the things the ships tours did but managed to arrive at most places before they got busy with the ships tours and when our son needed to we could go back to the car with air conditioning for him to cool down.

Check out the current port schedule here

You will see that the Millie is listed for an overnight stay (it's in red) and the Sun Princess is now at White Bay

I think the schedule may have changed to your advantage despite what is listed in the official itinerary. Fingers crossed and hopefully Celebrity will update their site soon.

Archived