Thoughts on talent shows?

DUCK33

Wow, you guys are great! And that's a good point - so far we don't really know anyone else who will be on our cruise (well, except for a few people we've met on the Connections board), so if I'm terrible, it's not like I will ever have to face any of these people again. Besides, DH & I will be celebrating our anniversary and I wanted to sing this song for him. I have the sheet music already, so I guess I'm good to go.

P.S. - I just realized that in an earlier post I wrote, "I wouldn't blow anyway", and I MEANT to write "I wouldn't blow anyone away". Ugh, big difference! icon_razz.gif

*Carnival Inspiration 3/02/03*

*Celebrity Century 10/30/04*

Duck

He seemed quite happy when I last saw him.....don't tell me he's a chicken pie now? icon_smile.gif

Phil

Mercury Western Caribbean November 2002

Galaxy Eastern Caribbean November 2003

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;13;18;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600<BR

Until Galaxy Panama Canal Out Of Galveston

13th November 2004

<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lois R:

too bad some of the talent can't be presented...it wouldn't be funny icon_wink.gif I am great at sports trivia icon_biggrin.gif

Oh wait...that is why they have trivia contests during the day! icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>]

Lois - We really should try to go on the same cruise sometime, I am really good and entertainment trivia, between the two of us we could kick a**! icon_smile.gif

Terri

Skyward - 1989

Carnivale - 1991

Holiday - 1994

Fantasy - 1998

Century - 2002

Century - 2003

Jubilee - 7/04

Century - 9/04

Coral Princess - 3/05

Valor - 10/05

Days til Valor Vampires Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;10;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

valorvampires.gif

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Terri.....you can type in "we could kick some butt" LOL....

That is why for Battle of The Sexes Trivia...I TRY to get the other ladies to listen to me when they have sports questions!

You know how some women can be so......well, you know!

I learned a long time ago, there is No "I" in TEAM..but sometimes it seems other gals want it to be otherwise! Its all in fun (for me anyway).

You can do the entertainment...I can do some TV too LOL

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

See My Century and Mercury Pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovescruising

Lois - I didn't know if "Butt" was an acceptable word, I wouldn't want to do anything to make the administrators mad!

BTW - I go with some friends to play trivia at one of our local pizza places every week and I've noticed the men don't really want to listen to me when it's a sports question. Do you ever have that problem?

Terri

Skyward - 1989

Carnivale - 1991

Holiday - 1994

Fantasy - 1998

Century - 2002

Century - 2003

Jubilee - 7/04

Century - 9/04

Coral Princess - 3/05

Valor - 10/05

Days til Valor Vampires Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;10;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

valorvampires.gif

Terri..when do the Men want to listen anyway? icon_wink.gif just kidding guys!

On a cruise, after I get 2 or 3 sports questions right...they know I know my stuff! I have followed sports since I am about 7 years old.

My dream was to become a sportscaster....but that didn't happen.

Collecting $$ from customers helps pay my bills now.

Anyway...the guys in my office (been there 14 years now)they know I love sports! So no problem there! Oh got off topic, sorry....

and BUTT is not a bad word!...it is the backside of an animal LOL

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

See My Century and Mercury Pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovescruising

Reyes28,

Go for it. I love the talent shows. You do not have to be a pro. My daughter, who is somewhat mentally challenged, was asked to participate in a skit. I was very concerned, but she had a very little part and the skit was hilarious. Everyone, self included, enjoyed it.

HINT: Try the Karoke (sp?) nights to get in some practice. They are lots of fun and some of the ships lead up to a "King" and "Queen" of Karoke night. You will be able to judge the talent quality from there. Have fun. I always enjoy the ones that are not quite as good because I admire the fact that they get up their and have fun. That is what it is all about. Have a great time on your cruise.

Cathy

Cathy:

That's a great suggestion about checking out the karaoke (or however you spell it!) I will do that.

I think, too, that as long as a person gets up there with confidence, it's fun to watch them, even if they're not the world's greatest singer. On the other hand, no matter how talented someone is, if they look like they're scared to death up there, it's uncomfortable to watch them.

*Carnival Inspiration 3/02/03*

*Celebrity Century 10/30/04*

Archived