RCL Stock holder

cruisefreaks

Hi,

Does anyone know if I can get my stock holder benefit if I have booked a 1,2,3 promo?

The web site said not combinable with promo's.................any advice???

NO! Stockholder credit can not be combined.

Recently sold my stock. I originally bought it 9 years ago but if you can't get the OBC why keep it? I see no other reason to have it.

Perhaps to gain from stock appreciation which should have been the reason you bought in the first place.

Stock purchases should always be made with ones entire investment array in mind, and in the case of those that give investor "perks" that's just icing on the cake. If the perk isn't useful to you, but the stock continues to perform well, keep it. Sometime in the future you might book a cruise where there are no other deals in play at that moment and the stockholder benefit would apply. Otherwise, if it's a good investment, that's good enough. Thousands of people own cruiseline stocks who never even know about the stockholder benefit -- they don't even take cruises. But the stock fits with their investment holdings and gives a good return.

I bought the stock at $25 a share a little over a year ago. I thought it was a good time to buy. It paid a better dividend than what I was getting from the bank and I have used it twice for OBC totaling $150. Now the stock is at $33 a share. Not a bad overall return. I did not buy it primarily for the OBC.

Stock purchases should always be made with ones entire investment array in mind, and in the case of those that give investor "perks" that's just icing on the cake. If the perk isn't useful to you, but the stock continues to perform well, keep it. Sometime in the future you might book a cruise where there are no other deals in play at that moment and the stockholder benefit would apply. Otherwise, if it's a good investment, that's good enough. Thousands of people own cruiseline stocks who never even know about the stockholder benefit -- they don't even take cruises. But the stock fits with their investment holdings and gives a good return.

I bought this stock in 2004 and sold it recently and realized a $190.00 loss which will be applied to next year's taxes. That said, I received on board shareholder credits over a 9 year period of $2900. The stock did for me what I wanted it to. When they can't be combined with other programs it no longer works for me. My portfolio does much better than this stock and prefer to invest in other things.

I bought this stock in 2004 and sold it recently and realized a $190.00 loss which will be applied to next year's taxes. That said, I received on board shareholder credits over a 9 year period of $2900. The stock did for me what I wanted it to. When they can't be combined with other programs it no longer works for me. My portfolio does much better than this stock and prefer to invest in other things.

Congratulations.... and that was $2900 --- tax free. :D

Probably. The senior rate doesn't combine with promotions like on-board credit, on-board beverage packages, paid gratuities. If you qualify for any of those, you can't use the stockholder benefit. But generally special rates and rate categories will allow you to apply for the stockholder benefit.

Probably. The senior rate doesn't combine with promotions like on-board credit, on-board beverage packages, paid gratuities. If you qualify for any of those, you can't use the stockholder benefit. But generally special rates and rate categories will allow you to apply for the stockholder benefit.

I recently received the stockholder benefit combined with a senior rate. I requested it and received it the very same day. :D

In light of recent developments in the news, I can just imagine all of us now getting a bill from the IRS! :eek: :( :rolleyes:

With penalties and interest due.

Shareholder credit can be combined with Senior, Teacher and State promotions.

With penalties and interest due.

Shareholder credit can be combined with Senior, Teacher and State promotions.

I have also received shareholder benefit with "Military" rate as well.

Some of the deals are so good I can't afford to stay home. :D

I am going broke saving all this money on cruises! :eek: :p :rolleyes:

I have also received shareholder benefit with "Military" rate as well.

Some of the deals are so good I can't afford to stay home. :D

I am going broke saving all this money on cruises!

:):):)

Even if you don’t know for sure you can get the

stockholder benefit, try anyhow. It’s very easy to fulfill the requirements--e-mail the request, and you will receive results in a day or two. It’s worth the little time it takes--sometimes you get lucky.

Archived