Does Azamara issue travel visas on board for passengers doing private tours?

tskaar

Greetings,

We are planning a private tour in Halong Bay. Our tour operator has asked for our travel visa expiration date. I understand that Azamara will be issuing blanket visas for the ship for our stop in Vietnam, however, I'm wondering if this would apply to passengers that plan independent tours. I've also heard that many cruise lines will issue a visa on board or would you recommend that we acquire them prior to our departure date?

Would you please advise me of Azamara's recommendations regarding visas?

Thank you, I really appreciate all your assistance and look forward to our amazing adventure on Azamara's Journey.

Best regards,

Tracey Lee Skaar

Greetings,

We are planning a private tour in Halong Bay. Our tour operator has asked for our travel visa expiration date. I understand that Azamara will be issuing blanket visas for the ship for our stop in Vietnam, however, I'm wondering if this would apply to passengers that plan independent tours. I've also heard that many cruise lines will issue a visa on board or would you recommend that we acquire them prior to our departure date?

Would you please advise me of Azamara's recommendations regarding visas?

Thank you, I really appreciate all your assistance and look forward to our amazing adventure on Azamara's Journey.

Best regards,

Tracey Lee Skaar

When we were in Vietnam one private tour operator asked for our passport numbers because they needed them to get the permits to pick us up at the ships berth. I have never had any tour operator ask for a Visa. Are you sure they do not want the expiration date on your passport?

We were on the Journey earlier this year. The ship arranged for visas at a far cheaper price than one could obtain before departure.

I do not believe you need a visa for a short stay in Vietnam. We were there early in 2012 and I researched it at the time... however, things may have changed since then.

You are right Keith1010.

You do need a Visa but you can get it on board for about ..can't remember whether it was $50 or £50.

I rang Azamara and asked the question!

Last time we went to Vietnam we got them from Embassy here before we went as it was a land tour.

Much easier if Azamara do it for you....just fill out the forms inboard and hey presto.

Another comment! I am looking to organise a private tour in Danang to Marble Mountain and Hoi An...the Vietnamese guy tells me that if you are collected from the ship it costs $ 20 per person, so we are going to walk out of the dock gates...approx 350 metres and meet him there!!!! All adds to the price. He is quoting $31 each as opposed to Azamara £49.....I have spoken to him on Skype and his English is perfect too!

He was recommended on a review of HoiAn.

! I am looking to organise a private tour in Danang to Marble Mountain .

That mountain "peak" was called by another name when I was there. But, I can't repeat that name on these boards. :D

hi Texed,

maybe you could send me a private email to explain your last comment??especially if it affects my plans.

It won't affect your plans. The hill was just called a name with "G.I. slang". ;)

When we were in Vietnam one private tour operator asked for our passport numbers because they needed them to get the permits to pick us up at the ships berth. I have never had any tour operator ask for a Visa. Are you sure they do not want the expiration date on your passport?

Hi, they have asked for our passport and visa expiration dates. I've been advised, from Azamara, that we will be able to purchase our visas on board for $50. USD, per person. I'll email the expiration date to our tour operator from the ship.

Thanks everyone, I'm so grateful for all your assistance.

Best regards,

Tracey Lee Skaar

Archived