Just off Celebrity Eclipse with a 3 year old

lindsaystevenson

Hi all

We just completed 14 day Baltic cruise onboard Celebrity Eclipse with our son who turns 4 in October.

Happy to answer any questions you might have.

In summary, the staff are very child friendly and really outstanding in helping us with anything we needed, particularly in the MDR at night.

The ship itself is not particularly child orientated (which I knew beforehand) and not all fellow passengers are either....yes we did get some evil stares if he squealed while in the pool. By the way, these were the extremes and certainly not the case with all guests who stopped to talk to him etc but never a nice feeling if you feel "unwelcomed" by some.

The fun factory in my opinion was really good-however having seen pictures of NCL Breakaway don't expect the same space or layout for kids. However the activities they put on were great and my son really enjoyed it there...this might have been helped by the small number of kids on board so he had a couple of friends he was used to playing with in there.

In terms of our next cruise, I still love Celebrity but as he grows older its obvious that Celebrity won't cut it for us personally and it doesn't have anything you can do with your kids - it relies on you using the kids club so you can't do family activities. For us, we will try Disney, NCL or RCCL next....

Any questions on fun factory, costs, how it works etc let me know!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi all

We just completed 14 day Baltic cruise onboard Celebrity Eclipse with our son who turns 4 in October.

Happy to answer any questions you might have.

In summary, the staff are very child friendly and really outstanding in helping us with anything we needed, particularly in the MDR at night.

The ship itself is not particularly child orientated (which I knew beforehand) and not all fellow passengers are either....yes we did get some evil stares if he squealed while in the pool. By the way, these were the extremes and certainly not the case with all guests who stopped to talk to him etc but never a nice feeling if you feel "unwelcomed" by some.

The fun factory in my opinion was really good-however having seen pictures of NCL Breakaway don't expect the same space or layout for kids. However the activities they put on were great and my son really enjoyed it there...this might have been helped by the small number of kids on board so he had a couple of friends he was used to playing with in there.

In terms of our next cruise, I still love Celebrity but as he grows older its obvious that Celebrity won't cut it for us personally and it doesn't have anything you can do with your kids - it relies on you using the kids club so you can't do family activities. For us, we will try Disney, NCL or RCCL next....

Any questions on fun factory, costs, how it works etc let me know!

Hi there

We have just returned from RC 14 nts Europe on adventure of the seas

We travelled with our three and seven year old ( not their first cruise )

There were 900 children aboard and supposedly 1300 on the cruise after ours . It was , to be honest , too many .

600 were teenagers . The kids club could barely cope and even though we did have a good time we have decided to return to celebrity with the kids ( we used to go celebrity before having kids)

There were teenagers blocking stairwells . The pool area was ridiculous most days . Thankfully we had a suite so had reserved beds !!

Our reasons are : that I think a lesser amount of kids on board will suit them as they tend to play well together anyway .

They don't need kids club every day as they will come on excursions with us .

Our kids didn't really use the kids facilities apart from the club and the sports court . They like all the shows and evening stuff more and dinner times !!!

Food wise we'd prefer celebrity so are quite looking forward to the prospect of returning

Do they operate the club on port days should we be doing an excursion that doesn't suit youngsters ? We are thinking if the infinity next July to Iceland

Or epic to Russia .

Your thoughts or anyone's thoughts would be appreciated

Thanks guys

Natasha - Hampton UK

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi there

We have just returned from RC 14 nts Europe on adventure of the seas

We travelled with our three and seven year old ( not their first cruise )

There were 900 children aboard and supposedly 1300 on the cruise after ours . It was , to be honest , too many .

600 were teenagers . The kids club could barely cope and even though we did have a good time we have decided to return to celebrity with the kids ( we used to go celebrity before having kids)

There were teenagers blocking stairwells . The pool area was ridiculous most days . Thankfully we had a suite so had reserved beds !!

Our reasons are : that I think a lesser amount of kids on board will suit them as they tend to play well together anyway .

They don't need kids club every day as they will come on excursions with us .

Our kids didn't really use the kids facilities apart from the club and the sports court . They like all the shows and evening stuff more and dinner times !!!

Food wise we'd prefer celebrity so are quite looking forward to the prospect of returning

Do they operate the club on port days should we be doing an excursion that doesn't suit youngsters ? We are thinking if the infinity next July to Iceland

Or epic to Russia .

Your thoughts or anyone's thoughts would be appreciated

Thanks guys

Natasha - Hampton UK

Typo - I meant eclipse!!!

Archived