Moving Up

Karysa

Cruising on the Valor in July and the cost of upgrading from deck 2 very aft ocean view to deck 8 Balcony near the front is $380 total difference (1733.36 for 2) Would this be a good decision and why? Thanks for any insight.

Save your money ;)

I heard Valor has noise and vibration issues at aft especially low and 3 aft main floor cabins out of like 8 are empty and ship is almost sold out. I think I may have made a mistake by choosing this cabin although I liked the location and price when I booked. Any thoughts?

We had 2470 and 2473 on the Glory. I was offered an upgrade to balcony for free for my May cruise and declined it. Loved the room so much booked it again for October. Wouldn't ever go back to a regular balcony if I could get one if those rooms.

You didn't say exactly what your room number is, so that would definitely be a factor in my decision.

We had 2470 and 2473 on the Glory. I was offered an upgrade to balcony for free for my May cruise and declined it. Loved the room so much booked it again for October. Wouldn't ever go back to a regular balcony if I could get one if those rooms.

You didn't say exactly what your room number is, so that would definitely be a factor in my decision.

The cabin is 2477.

I heard Valor has noise and vibration issues at aft especially low and 3 aft main floor cabins out of like 8 are empty and ship is almost sold out. I think I may have made a mistake by choosing this cabin although I liked the location and price when I booked. Any thoughts?

I stayed aft on the Valor in the past, yes there is a noise, vibration but nothing that made me want to move. Your going to hear it more so than not when the ship starts docking. It just let me know to wake up and get ready to debark the ship.

If it makes you tense then make that move .

Cruising on the Valor in July and the cost of upgrading from deck 2 very aft ocean view to deck 8 Balcony near the front is $380 total difference (1733.36 for 2) Would this be a good decision and why? Thanks for any insight.

I wouldn't move up because 2477 is one of the large rooms, is it? Also I think the difference is a bit much. But you have know I am a poor student, your cruise is way out of my price range so my view might be a little skewed. :p

Thanks everyone. I like the cabin for the size and location and price for sure. We stay up until at least one and plan on waking up on port days around 7:30-8. I am a light sleeper so my concern is about noise and vibration while docking around 6-7 as most of our port times start at 8.

Are you allowed to just change cabins in your category after final payment? Maybe a lateral move is all I need.

I think you can, but unless you're moving to 2470 or 2473, there isn't a better room to get. With maybe the exception of 2462 or 2465 as those have 2 windows but are smaller. I would stay put unless you went to 2470 or 2473.

I think you can, but unless you're moving to 2470 or 2473, there isn't a better room to get. With maybe the exception of 2462 or 2465 as those have 2 windows but are smaller. I would stay put unless you went to 2470 or 2473.

I was thinking of a cabin more forward. I have read even more complaints about aft noise and vibration on lower decks on the Valor.

The cabin is 2477.

Id stay put. You WILL have vibration back that far in exchange for more space. its a nice big cabin.

I think of a ship as a college dorm. No matter where you are there is a chance you will have noise during the cruise.

We had 2476 on Valor, and didn't have any noise issues at all, except a little rumbling when they were docking. I'm one who enjoys watching the view of the ship's wake, so this cabin was perfect. On later cruises, I tried getting similar cabins, but they were always filled.

It was convenient being right below our dining room (Washington), and we never heard any noises from that, either.

Id stay put. You WILL have vibration back that far in exchange for more space. its a nice big cabin.

I think of a ship as a college dorm. No matter where you are there is a chance you will have noise during the cruise.

Thanks but the vibration is what I am afraid of. Size of cabin is less important than having early morning ship vibration and noise.

Of course there is noise you cannot avoid, such as hallway noise but ship location noise can be avoided sometimes this is one of them from what I have been reading.

We had 2476 on Valor, and didn't have any noise issues at all, except a little rumbling when they were docking. I'm one who enjoys watching the view of the ship's wake, so this cabin was perfect. On later cruises, I tried getting similar cabins, but they were always filled.

It was convenient being right below our dining room (Washington), and we never heard any noises from that, either.

Thanks. What time did the "rumbling" start?

Thanks but the vibration is what I am afraid of. Size of cabin is less important than having early morning ship vibration and noise.

Of course there is noise you cannot avoid, such as hallway noise but ship location noise can be avoided sometimes this is one of them from what I have been reading.

I think you've already made up your mind that you don't want to be there so maybe you should move. IMHO, I wouldn't be worried about it and I'm by no means a morning person AT ALL!

The only time I ever heard anything when docking is when we pulled back into Norfolk. What you hear will also depend in which side you dock on. If they tie up on your side, you will hear the winches. And that's all I heard on my cruise. Couldn't even tell we pulled into any of the other ports.

Thanks. What time did the "rumbling" start?

Not extremely early, perhaps between 7 and 8. We looked out to see that they were lowering ropes and easing into the dock.

I noticed more vibration/rumbling (it had a sound to it) on Dream's deck 1, midship. Even then, it was so minor that it's hardly worth thinking about.

My thinking is I would move and the cabin across from me would turn out to be a inside quad with 4, college aged (they had three cabins in a row and ran from one to the other noisly all night) who are laughing and slamming doors at 3 am. (I had this on Elation once)

Im now to the point, put me almost anywhere you want. Its all a gamble. You never know if you will have a quiet cabin or not.

So cabins 2478, 2481, and 2479 across the aft are still available as is 2475 in the corner. Well now cabin 2477 can join them. With that many empty aft OV cabins sailing from San Juan where many people sail on the same ship over and over again I just couldn't help but think that word is out about the noise and vibration on the aft of the Valor. On a ship sailing in 29 days that is nearly full, having a large percentage of aft OV cabins available on Deck 2 just doesn't make me think that they are as desirable as those that posted here have claimed.

I may indeed be mistaken but one has to make ones decision after gathering as much information as possible. The empty cabins really sealed the deal to me. My sincere thanks for those that posted because I did take the comments to heart.

Triumph to me I thought the aft had more of a vibration than the conquest did .. it is ship specific. .. but there is a constant vibration in the floor, all the time to me, worse some times.. but maybe when the ship was stopped and I was in port, it stopped, but it was there whenever I was in the cabin.

So what cabin did you move to?

Triumph to me I thought the aft had more of a vibration than the conquest did .. it is ship specific. .. but there is a constant vibration in the floor, all the time to me, worse some times.. but maybe when the ship was stopped and I was in port, it stopped, but it was there whenever I was in the cabin.

So what cabin did you move to?

Verandah deck cabin 8221 forward so it's sandwiched between passenger cabins above and below.

Archived