Allure, Closed Out of On Line Show Reservations

We booked the June 30 Allure a couple of days ago. It appears that we cannot make on line reservations for theater shows and Comedy Club, etc. The little red sentence keeps popping up telling us to book on board.

Here's where Hubby and I disagree. He says it doesn't matter because Diamond Plus level doesn't need reservations and can just walk into any show on Oasis Class ships. I don't recall that being true on our previous voyages on Oasis and Allure.

Does anyone know if what he says is a fact? Has that been anybody's expereince or if so, is that practice still going on today or has it been stopped or what is the situation?

Stop worrying....there will be plenty of space for everyone. Even tho' they give you the option of pre-booking, you can almost always get into the show you want! Folks will book months in advance, and then, once on the ship, either forget they made the reservation or they decide to do something else. You will NOT miss the shows!

Stop worrying....there will be plenty of space for everyone. Even tho' they give you the option of pre-booking, you can almost always get into the show you want! Folks will book months in advance, and then, once on the ship, either forget they made the reservation or they decide to do something else. You will NOT miss the shows!

I remember really long lines at the most popular shows and times. There was one line for those with reservations and a much longer line for those without. They had to wait until all the ones with reservations were seated. I like to pre-book to avoid those long lines and aslo to have a better choice of seats.

We also did not make it into a Comedy Club one night because the line was so long and the ones with reservations just seemed to keep coming. The last ones into the Comedy Club have a very poor choice of seating, often behind a support column or sinle seat are left here and there, so you can't sit together. I want to avoid that kind of thing.

I guess we'll take the advice of Clarea and book as soon as we get on board. That is the trouble with booking a cruise as late as we did.

...I guess we'll take the advice of Clarea and book as soon as we get on board. That is the trouble with booking a cruise as late as we did.

I would also visit the Concierge too, and see how they handle D+ seating in shows. I don't have direct experience, and I don't remember whch ship this was on, but I've read at least one post here where someone said they visited the Concierge and got some sort of sticker on their SeaPass card for show entry.

I would also visit the Concierge too, and see how they handle D+ seating in shows. I don't have direct experience, and I don't remember whch ship this was on, but I've read at least one post here where someone said they visited the Concierge and got some sort of sticker on their SeaPass card for show entry.

That's very interesting. We've never had that happen, but that is certainly worth asking about. The worst they can say is no. I'll absolutely give that a shot. Thank you so much.

Oh, by the way. We sailed on one of Oasis's first cruises and attempted to make reservations on the TV. Some worked and some didn't. We'd get to the door and be told we didn't have reservations, but their whole reservation system was brand new then. Hopefully, it works better now.

I still don't know where Hubby got the idea Diamond Plus can just show their card and waltz in. Maybe it was on Liberty. The last we sailed on Liberty, it seemed as if they were just not patrolling the show reservations at all.

That's very interesting. We've never had that happen, but that is certainly worth asking about. The worst they can say is no. I'll absolutely give that a shot. Thank you so much.

Oh, by the way. We sailed on one of Oasis's first cruises and attempted to make reservations on the TV. Some worked and some didn't. We'd get to the door and be told we didn't have reservations, but their whole reservation system was brand new then. Hopefully, it works better now.

I still don't know where Hubby got the idea Diamond Plus can just show their card and waltz in. Maybe it was on Liberty. The last we sailed on Liberty, it seemed as if they were just not patrolling the show reservations at all.

It is true that reserved theater seating is a perk for being D+. On most ships, there's a roped off section where you have to show your card to sit there. I just don't know the specifics of how that works on Oasis and Allure.

Also, the D+ reserved seating perk is for the main theater only. I've no idea if they extend the perk to the Aquatheater and Comedy venues.

When I was on the Oasis two years ago I remember a reserved section at the aqua theater show being roped off for upper tier C&A and also in the main theater for the shows held there. I do not recall there being any reserved seating at the comedy show however as that is a very small venue. Regarding the comedy show...we had reserved the last night and it was about half empty everyone who showed up without reservations got seats and there were still several left...so if you can't get in any other night then try the final evening. Also trying to remember if there was reserved seating at the ice show(another small venue) I really don't remember??

If I recall from our last cruise on Oasis, a year and a half ago, the Aqua Theater had roped-off seating in the center, but I thought it was just for suite guests and Pinnacle. But memory may not serve me correctly, hence Hubby and my disagreement.

I am certain there was no special seating in the Comedy Club, but there was in the ice rink. That is not to say, that is still happening these days. The Comedy Club is so small, it doesn't seem right to reserve seats for a special group there.

Anyway, thank you very much for your input on this.

If I recall from our last cruise on Oasis, a year and a half ago, the Aqua Theater had roped-off seating in the center, but I thought it was just for suite guests and Pinnacle. But memory may not serve me correctly, hence Hubby and my disagreement.

I am certain there was no special seating in the Comedy Club, but there was in the ice rink. That is not to say, that is still happening these days. The Comedy Club is so small, it doesn't seem right to reserve seats for a special group there.

You're welcome, and please report back your experience with the D+ reserved seating.

When I was on the Oasis two years ago I remember a reserved section at the aqua theater show being roped off for upper tier C&A and also in the main theater for the shows held there. I do not recall there being any reserved seating at the comedy show however as that is a very small venue. Regarding the comedy show...we had reserved the last night and it was about half empty everyone who showed up without reservations got seats and there were still several left...so if you can't get in any other night then try the final evening. Also trying to remember if there was reserved seating at the ice show(another small venue) I really don't remember??

It is true that there is a section in the Aqua Theatre reserved for suite guests and D+ & PC, but you have to have reservations to get IN the Aqua Theatre first.

And I am one who has said that the Concierge put a magic sticker on my card.

I do not know if this is standard procedure, or because Fernando loves me. :D

And I am one who has said that the Concierge put a magic sticker on my card.

I do not know if this is standard procedure, or because Fernando loves me. :D

He must love you because I asked about the sticker and he looked at me like I was crazy.

On our last sailing there was a corded off space where Diamond card holders could just walk in and be seated. Those seats were held until 15 minutes before show time. So no worries. I saw this at every show.

He must love you because I asked about the sticker and he looked at me like I was crazy.

You are not crazy! We got a "magic sticker" two years ago on the Allure. But now... it seems from what I hear now is that Suite Guests can attend any show without a reservation.

Can any recent Suite Allure or Oasis Suite Guests advise???

Edited by MR NW GUY

I am not lucky enough to be either D+ or travel in a suite, but we traveled with friends who were suite guests on our cruise on the Allure last month and they had a gold card which allowed them to walk into any show without reservations. They were not D+. So, I don't know if that is just for the suite guests or for D+, too.

We cruised Allure in a suite last month and had reservations for everything before hand; simply having a gold card didn't allow entry to everything without reservations in our case.

We wanted to change our ice show reservation scheduled for the last day, and called/asked guest services if there was a possibility of doing so. They advised that the show was sold out, but that we could contact the concierge and that at his discretion he could possibly get us in.

We contacted the concierge (Fernando?), he put us on hold for a few moments, came back and told us to come down before he got off. When we did so, he placed a sticker on our cards which allowed us to get into the ice show.

Don't think they arbitrarily hand out stickers to D+ and suites....seemed it might be based on exactly how many have actually made reservations. In our case we utilized it for one show without problem, but he (concierge)definitely checked something before he told us it wouldn't be a problem.

Just want to say that I really appreciate all your answers and comments. It almost sounds like what happens varies from cruise to cruise. I bet our cruise will be harder because the TA told us this sailing is nearly sold out being as it is Fourth of July week.

It also looks like suite guests can enter most shows without reservations, but Diamond Plus probably cannot. I still don't know where Hubby got the idea D+ has this perk. Maybe Pinnacle Class C&A do. We'll be Pinnacle in another fifteen years at our present rate.:p

how soon before the cruise can you start making reservations?

i have a guy in work going on Oasis and I don't want him to not get to see any of the shows.

This is his first cruise and is 68 years old.

Bill

It varies. They seem to release the show reservations in batches, so it might be 2 months ahead of time for one cruise and 4 months ahead of time for another cruise. The only thing I can suggest is to check Royal's website daily.

It varies. They seem to release the show reservations in batches, so it might be 2 months ahead of time for one cruise and 4 months ahead of time for another cruise. The only thing I can suggest is to check Royal's website daily.

OK I will do just that. He leaves in September so they might be available now.

Is there a certain place to look? I am heading there now to poke around. I know he is really looking forward to the Broadway show.

Thank you again

Bill

OK I will do just that. He leaves in September so they might be available now.

Is there a certain place to look? I am heading there now to poke around. I know he is really looking forward to the Broadway show.

Thank you again

Bill

You bring up Royal's website at http://www.royalcaribbean.com. Near the bottom of the page click "Pre-cruise Planner". You will then have to enter your cruise information, and it should take you to a page where you can book things like shows, restaurants, excursions, etc.

Edited by clarea

You bring up Royal's website at http://www.royalcaribbean.com. Near the bottom of the page click "Pre-cruise Planner". You will then have to enter your cruise information, and it should take you to a page where you can book things like shows, restaurants, excursions, etc.

Thank you again. I printed out the pdf for his week and will take it to work tomorrow so he can choose when and where he wants to schedule things.

Appreciate the help.:)

Bill

Still think it pretty poor customer service to NOT be able to book a show before boarding.

If the argument is that some % or # of people will not show, then why is there a difference if you wait to book onboard. Do they make you wait till day of show, hoping people will cancel or change their times/days?

I have heard they are keeping a certain # of seats available for onboard reservations.

Guess if you miss precooking, that would be one of the things I do first once onboard.