Are sparkling wines (not Champagne) included?

adurr1

If you've TRAVELLED RECENTLY on either ship please can you let me know if any type of sparkling wine (not Champagne) is included in the 'more inclusive' open bar policy?

Thanks in advance

Sparkling wine is not included which surprised us too.

When we were on Quest a month ago, we raised it with the Bar Manager and he said that they wanted to keep sparkling wine as a drink to serve at cocktail parties and other special occasions.

I second the need for a sparkling white wine on the inclusive list. There are any number of drinkable choices available at reasonable prices on the market. AZ needs to recognize that it's market nitch and passenger target is a cut above-as is its per diem.

I second the need for a sparkling white wine on the inclusive list. There are any number of drinkable choices available at reasonable prices on the market. AZ needs to recognize that it's market nitch and passenger target is a cut above-as is its per diem.

I agree, I rather enjoy a Kir Royale, which does not need to be made with

champagne - it tastes almost as nice with a cava/sparkling wine, especially after the 2nd or 3rd!!!

I hope when we get onboard in October, the powers that be will have added it to the complimentary list.

I agree, I rather enjoy a Kir Royale, which does not need to be made with

champagne - it tastes almost as nice with a cava/sparkling wine, especially after the 2nd or 3rd!!!

I hope when we get onboard in October, the powers that be will have added it to the complimentary list.

A Kir Royale, Bellini, etc can be bought for $9

But it seems now that I could have had a normal Kir with wine if I had known. Is that right? Am assuming now they have Cassis or equivalent blackcurrant liqueur? :confused:

Sent from my Samsung S2 using Tapatalk

But it seems now that I could have had a normal Kir with wine if I had known. Is that right? Am assuming now they have Cassis or equivalent blackcurrant liqueur? :confused:

Sent from my Samsung S2 using Tapatalk

Crème de Cassis is on the list of included beverages.

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/plan-your-voyage/onboard-packages/complimentary-beverages

Its good to see that plenty more are aggrieved by the lack of an alcoholic drink that is hugely popular.

Any ideas how I escalate this, and hopefully get sense to prevail with Azamara before I sail on December 23rd?

Thanks

Sparkling wine only for special occasions?!

Are we not meant to be talking about luxury cruising here?! And are we not in 2013?

This seems a very backward and outdated notion from Azamara. Sparkling wine (Cavas / Proseccos etc) are hugely popular in the real day-to-day world now and are not for special occasions.

Wake up and get with it Azamara!

I've not been on Azamara yet, though I have to say after vieiwng their policy & the drinks list makes me have visions of it being an even more old fashioned Holl*nd Am*rica (apologies for swearing).

I am not aggravated by the lack of included sparkling wine or any other alcoholic beverage as a non-drinker....but my suggestion would be if you don't like what AZ is offerings sail on another cruise line.

I am not aggravated by the lack of included sparkling wine or any other alcoholic beverage as a non-drinker....but my suggestion would be if you don't like what AZ is offerings sail on another cruise line.

Many people on our cruise would have like an included fizz product, but I doubt any would switch lines to get some.

Many are happy to pay the extra cost, but we're too tight!

And don't forget that little bit of speciality for Explorer club members and above, we get a complimentary bottle of champagne in our stateroom with a note signed by the captain.

Do other cruise lines do this?

Well, when my daughter took me on a 'surprise' birthday cruise on the Ventura we had a bottle of champagne waiting for us, but no note from the Captain, and according to Voyages to Antiquity there will be a bottle of champagne awaiting me on Monday when I board in Piraeus, but no word on whether I get a note from anyone.

I will try and remember to cover this in my review, but I suspect that most people would happily settle for the champagne...

Its good to see that plenty more are aggrieved by the lack of an alcoholic drink that is hugely popular.

Any ideas how I escalate this, and hopefully get sense to prevail with Azamara before I sail on December 23rd?

Thanks

Hello Adurr1 -

I've responded to you on the thread - "New 2013 Inclusive Beverage Program Details." I'll repeat it below:

Thank you for taking the time to express your opinion and disappointment about our not including at least one sparking whites in our more inclusive list.

As I mentioned before, as your ombudsman, I've been summarizing, for our executive management team, Cruise Critic member comments and opinions about the complimentary program and the value-priced beverage packages.

The new program is actually a "work-in-progress" and will be fine-tuned as it unfolds on both our vessels. Our executive team will be evaluating and considering actual guest feedback and its impact on program improvement. This might explain why "English Tim" received a drinks list and "Zennor" did not the week prior.

I will follow-up with our hotel operations team to determine if any modifications are being considered or have been made. It may take me a few days to receive a response, so I'm thanking you in advance for your patience!

I appreciate your feedback and suggestions.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the response, and yes please do stress to the Hotel Management team that at least one bottle of sparkling white should be included as standard on the 'more inclusive' drinks policy.

Cheers

Bill, I do not drink cocktails and cannot tolerate still wines but I love a glass of sparkling wine with my evening meal. Please add my request for sparkling wine to be added to the inclusive drink package. We will be on Capt Carl's homecoming cruise starting 3 July and would very much appreciate the opportunity to enjoy a glass of sparkling wine while everyone else at the table is able to enjoy a glass of still wine. Thank you.

I agree with english tim, that probably not many people will switch cruise line simply because bubbly is not included in the free drinks, but come on! Prosecco/cava are so mainstream for pre dinner drinks these days that it is very surprising that they are not included. Please rethink this policy!!

Hi Bill,

I would be grateful for a reply to the question posed on my review of Journey.

i.e. Why is the list on the back of the drinks menu not complete ? i.e. 9 spirits and not the further 22 listed on the webpage.

Also your reaction to the reasons given to me on board for the non inclusion of any list of ingredients under the included cocktails, for those of us not familiar with them.

Thank you,

• 3 months later...

Any update on including a sparkling wine to the inclusive list?

I very much enjoy bubblies, and sparkling wine is inexpensive and a suitable substitute for champagne in cocktails such as kir royale. Prosecco/cava is quite inexpensive, as are some decent french sparkling wines such as crémant d'Alsace or crémant de Bourgogne. In Europe, these retail for 3-6 euros per bottle in stores; no doubt Azamara can procur a decent quality one at very reasonable price!

I very much enjoy bubblies, and sparkling wine is inexpensive and a suitable substitute for champagne in cocktails such as kir royale. Prosecco/cava is quite inexpensive, as are some decent french sparkling wines such as crémant d'Alsace or crémant de Bourgogne. In Europe, these retail for 3-6 euros per bottle in stores; no doubt Azamara can procur a decent quality one at very reasonable price!

Absolutely no chance.

There is a Verdi Spumante by Bosca that is only about $5 per bottle. (At Sams) It is quite good and can be used to mix other things with like Hypnotiq. However, couldn't fine any at Sams yesterday.

doh,

Aint that a shame

As long as my 'Medicinal' Brandy is there (watered down with another 1) I will survive

Shintaro:p

Edited by shintaro
misspelling