Fort Lauderdale Cruisers

CRUISEMAMMA

We're doing Holiday Inn Express Convention Center. Stayed there before and it is convenient to stores to pick up soda, water and places to have dinner the night before. They will pick you up at the airport too. Cruising the beginning of September and found a rate of $98 and they have the typical breakfast offerings to hold us until lunch on the ship.

I've stayed 3 times at the Embassy Suites on 17th St.; will be staying there again this coming November. Walking distance to stores and restaurants. Short cab ride from airport and to port. Full hot breakfast in the morning and manager's reception in the evening.

Roz

So excited to take our first cruise out of Port Everglades Any recommendations as to great hotels near the port or beach? Thank You:D

We also stayed at Hyatt Pier sixty-six. Try priceline dot com, you might get a great price, we did. Especially during late Spring to early Autumn.:D

I've stayed 3 times at the Embassy Suites on 17th St.; will be staying there again this coming November. Walking distance to stores and restaurants. Short cab ride from airport and to port. Full hot breakfast in the morning and manager's reception in the evening.

Roz

We stayed here in May for 2 nights pre-cruise, but would never stay there again. Yes, it was convenient to the airport and port and close to shopping, but the place is really showing its age. We loved sailing from FLL, but will stay somewhere on the beach next time since nothing is all that far from the port.

So excited to take our first cruise out of Port Everglades Any recommendations as to great hotels near the port or beach? Thank You:D

We love Embassy Suites FLL. Large clean 2 room suites, managers reception at night with free drinks and snacks, hot cooked to order breakfast in the morning, beautiful pool area, close walk to Harbor Shops with a Wine Store, Publix, Restuarants and a Trolley that will take you to the beach. Use Hilton Honors to get discounted rates.

We stayed here in May for 2 nights pre-cruise, but would never stay there again. Yes, it was convenient to the airport and port and close to shopping, but the place is really showing its age. We loved sailing from FLL, but will stay somewhere on the beach next time since nothing is all that far from the port.

That is surprising. We were there a little over a year ago and didn't notice anything like that. It was the same good level of accommodation and service we've had there in the past and have reservations there again for our next cruise. We particularly like the walking access to the Harbor Shops for restaurants, supermarket, etc.

Another option is the Hyatt Place North. They have an airport shuttle and its within walking distance to a Publix and several restaurants. They have a breakfast in the morning too. They do charge for the cruise shuttle which I think is around $7pp.

Kim

I'm going to hack my sisters post and ask another question since we decided on the embassy suites.

we have a party of 8 and need transportation.

1. from the airport (fll) to the embassy suites near the port

2. from embassy suites to carnival freedom

3. from carnival freedom back to airport (fll)

would a cab be our best bet and how is the best to arrange setting this up? I'm not one to want to just crab a cab on the spot. I would prefer to set it up so I know my transportation is set up. any suggestions is appreciated.

thanks

We love Embassy Suites FLL. Large clean 2 room suites, managers reception at night with free drinks and snacks, hot cooked to order breakfast in the morning, beautiful pool area, close walk to Harbor Shops with a Wine Store, Publix, Restuarants and a Trolley that will take you to the beach. Use Hilton Honors to get discounted rates.

Another vote for Embassy Suites! Love the location and added perk of 2 hours of open bar and full breakfast!

I'm going to hack my sisters post and ask another question since we decided on the embassy suites.

1. from the airport (fll) to the embassy suites near the port

2. from embassy suites to carnival freedom

3. from carnival freedom back to airport (fll)

would a cab be our best bet and how is the best to arrange setting this up? I'm not one to want to just crab a cab on the spot. I would prefer to set it up so I know my transportation is set up. any suggestions is appreciated.

thanks

We always take a taxi to/from the airport. The airport has them all lined up and the hotel usually gets us one when we are ready to head back. Since the cruises we have taken were always out of MIA, we used SAS before. This time we are sailing out of FLL so we were just going to grab a taxi.

1. Hyatt Place 17th st

2. Embassy Suites

3. Total wine is right across the street for your 2 bottles or wine, there is also a large Publix.

4. Gilberts 17th st grill is amazing for from scratch burgers etc and soups and desserts

Google the Harbor Shoppes and see what is there.

Outback is also right there.

The Holiday Inn, just up the street from the cruiseport, called Holiday Inn Airport/Sea Port, if I remember correctly. Some fast food places across the street, and a liquor store and grocery store directly across the street too. But its a busy highway, you can't walk across the street, its like a freeway, but its a highway. Could also be called Holiday Inn Airport/Cruise Port ?

Hope that helps

Surfergirl, I also like Gilbert's. Good, fresh food.

Morganboys, the cab ride from the airport to the Embassy Suites is about $15 + tips. With 8 people and luggage, guess you'll need 2-3 cabs, unless there's someone driving a van.

The hotel has a shuttle service that you can pay for. I do that since it's only me and it works out to be the same as a taxi. With 8 people a cab/van would probably be better.

When I sailed on the Freedom I used the Carnival transfer to the airport. Again, with a large group, you'll probably find that the private vans waiting at the terminal to be your best bet.

Roz

We have stayed at the Crowne Plaza airport/cruise port. We found it was perfect for coming in the afternoon before the cruise and it is so close to the airport and cruise terminal. The hotel itself was very nice too!

We are staying there again in a few weeks before our Freedom cruise :)

Hampton inn Cruise port North on 12th street. Has a cruise and park shuttle and only about 2 miles from port. Best western on Highway 84 . directly in front of Hampton, No shuttle back after cruise

1. from the airport (fll) to the embassy suites near the port As someone mentioned, a taxi is really easy from FLL to the hotel. There are lots of them at the curb and ready to go. The ride is like 10 minutes (or less) and costs about $15.

2. from embassy suites to carnival freedom The Embassy has a standard fee transportation offer (like $7pp) to the port - they arrange for multiple vans, depending on the number of guests booking the service. You can also ask the hotel concierge to call you a cab.

3. from carnival freedom back to airport (fll) Again, cab is best. They will be all lined up outside terminal and easy to get. Little or no waiting.

thanks

See above in bold. Also, if you really want to arrange all your transportation ahead of time, you can visit the Home Port Departures board, under Florida departures to get recommendations for a private car service for options 1 and 2 above (would still recommend a cab for option 3).

I agree with you 150%. We loved the Embassy Suites because of its close proximity to everything we needed before boarding the ship. We're sailing out of Miami next year and I have not been able to find a comparable suite hotel that is convenient to things we'll need. We are actually considering staying in FLL and getting a car service into MIA the morning of the cruise.

We love Mariott beach place

Beach front right around a whole bunch of stores and restaurants. Their is a CVS right inside the hotel

If you get in a day early I would try the water taxi ,its really fun and one of the spots it stops is this hotel(about a block or two away)

http://www.watertaxi.com/watertaxi/fort-lauderdale/

Archived