Cruising to Bermuda with a 14 month old. How to get around the island?

jax430

We are sailing on the Celebrity Summit to Bermuda in August. My DD will be 14 months old at that time. It occurred to me that it is going to be difficulty to get around, as I'm not going to schlep a convertible carseat around and try to install it in a cab. If you've traveled to Bermuda with a child that age, what did you do? What are some things that we can do in the port area? We will be with my mother, and my sister's family, which includes my 10 and 14 year old nephews. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. TIA!

Car seats are only required on Bermuda for personal transport. Taxi and tour operators aren't required to have young passengers in car seats.

You can purchase ferry/bus passes when you disembark. There are a lot of places you can visit, beaches, aquarium, botanical gardens, glass bottom boat excursions; all should be of interest and fun for the varied ages. At the dockyard you can visit Clock Tower mall, the rum Cake Factory, watch Glass Blowing at Glassworks, visit the maritime museum, craft shop, the new fun golf, and there is snorkel park as well. You can ferry over to St Georges, from there you can taxi or 30 minute walk to Tobacco bay beach.....lots to do and see. Enjoy your visit.

(ps: we have been to Bermuda 7 times. If you have any other questions, feel free! Most recently last month on Summit! And summit last year too!)

Car seats are only required on Bermuda for personal transport. Taxi and tour operators aren't required to have young passengers in car seats.

You can purchase ferry/bus passes when you disembark. There are a lot of places you can visit, beaches, aquarium, botanical gardens, glass bottom boat excursions; all should be of interest and fun for the varied ages. At the dockyard you can visit Clock Tower mall, the rum Cake Factory, watch Glass Blowing at Glassworks, visit the maritime museum, craft shop, the new fun golf, and there is snorkel park as well. You can ferry over to St Georges, from there you can taxi or 30 minute walk to Tobacco bay beach.....lots to do and see. Enjoy your visit.

(ps: we have been to Bermuda 7 times. If you have any other questions, feel free! Most recently last month on Summit! And summit last year too!)

Thank you for all of this information! I figure we'll do at least 1 beach day, the aquarium, and the glass bottom boat at least, then lots of walking around and shopping. I remember enjoying Glassworks back in 2002. I may contact you with more questions as the trip gets closer!

I don't know if it helps any, but I took DS to Bermuda when he was 3. We had a pack carrier - much like the Ergo, but a different brand - and that was a lifesaver. He was under control, I didn't have to chase him/worry about him, and I had two hands free to schlep whatever I needed.

We LOVED the beach by the Convicts Cemetery. Nice and shallow, no/minimal waves, great photo opportunities. Water shoes, especially for the little ones, are a must. It was a quick bus ride from the port (I forget where we docked - not Hamilton, I don't think, but we took a very LONG bus ride there and then the ferry back to our port).

Archived