Carnival dream or royal freedom of seas

ccleveland

So i have narrowed it down for my first time cruise and our honeymoon (were in our 20's. we dont mind young people going crazy as long as its not teens)

Im going to be going to the orlando port, but im still wondering which is a better ship for the first time maybe thats more laid back and helps on motion sickness. Also, should i go eastern or western for the royal or carnival??

I prefer RCI but many first timers like Carnival.

You can get sea sick on any ship.

I would try to select a room that is mid ship and on a lower deck as there will be less motion and you could bring something to take to prevent sea sickness.

Keith

Ya, i heard that first timers choose carnival. Someone told me to get the mid ship but any deck level will be fine? I think i can get mid ship with a mid deck level. Im thinking of paying 619 for a balcony on the carnival dream. Just not sure if the balcony is cool or not

I have not sailed Carnival. We have sailed RC many times and think you would like the Freedom.........but I can't judge something I haven't sailed on........make sure you get information from those that have actually sailed both lines.

We prefer Eastern over Western, but that is just our preference.

Good luck to you.

We are big RCCL fans I would go with them, I am sure you will enjoy either for 1st cruise, please read the reviews in cruise critic for both ships before you pick one ( and all ships will have some bad reviews)

I have been on both (twice each) and if the cost was close to the same I would give the Freedom of the Seas an edge.

BUT the Dream is a nice ship too and I wouldn't hesitate sailing on it again. In fact I have priced both the Dream and the FOS for a January cruise and right now FOS will cost $700 more :eek:.

Don't think I love it $700 more, so will be booking the Dream!!

Happy Sailing on whatever you choose!

aight cool. I think im going to do the dream on either sept 28 for 7 days or october 5 for 7 days. It should be a easy drive since im in ga. Its only little over 7 hour drive for me. any recomendation for good safe hotels near the port?

Archived