Chair Saving- can I just move their stuff?

JnM

We'll be first time cruisers on the Conquest in October. I was under the impression that chair saving was not allowed though it frequently happens. Can't DH & I just move their stuff? I'm talking about if there's just a magazine or towel, not stuff all around where it's obvious that they're in the bathroom or something. No chair saving is the rules right? So they'll just be ticked off that I'm following the rules & they aren't, but no real consequence. Guess I'm just feeling mischievious today. :p

I would move someones things if they take more than thirty minutes.

My adolescent disappointment was high when I discovered that they did not actually work.

What do you mean they don't work? I have a pair of Bazooka Joe's that I still use at the beach!:eek:

My only disappointment was getting our first color TV, and tuning in to

the Munsters to see them in their true form!

Lets not forget the close relatives of the chair hogs....the line butters. I just love it when you are standing in line and all of a sudden a group of 15 arrives to greet one of theirs that is in front of you and all of a sudden the line expands by their number "in front of You" I especially saw this on our last cruise in the line for the grill that served not only burgers but chicken and steak sandwiches. I guess this same group had duty rosters where one of their group saved chairs, another seats at the shows, one for the tender lines and of course one for the buffet/grill lines. These folks will never be avoided as they exist amoung us.......

Lets not forget the close relatives of the chair hogs....the line butters.

We had a different kind of line-butter. We were in line for lunch...and this woman just steps right up in front of my sister and I. My sister said, "OH, I guess she didn't SEE us standing right here!" The lady turned around and said, "I saw you JUST FINE. My tray is heavy."

OH MY GOSH...forgive me! My tray is lighter than air!! By ALL MEANS...cut in front of us!!! :rolleyes:

This lady was the receiver of many dirty looks throughout the week.... :D

We had a different kind of line-butter. We were in line for lunch...and this woman just steps right up in front of my sister and I. My sister said, "OH, I guess she didn't SEE us standing right here!" The lady turned around and said, "I saw you JUST FINE. My tray is heavy."

OH MY GOSH...forgive me! My tray is lighter than air!! By ALL MEANS...cut in front of us!!! :rolleyes:

Oh. My. Gosh. You were way nicer than me. I would have pointed her to the nearest table and told her to sit her lazy arse down until she thought she could carry her heavy tray where it needed to go.

*smacks head on desk*

And that, my friends, is why I should get my cruise etiquette up to par before we take our voyage.

Oh. My. Gosh. You were way nicer than me. I would have pointed her to the nearest table and told her to sit her lazy arse down until she thought she could carry her heavy tray where it needed to go.

*smacks head on desk*

And that, my friends, is why I should get my cruise etiquette up to par before we take our voyage.

I'm right there with you Rose. Where do these people come from? It's just amazing.

Well I've got to be honest, when I read the description of the line-butting event, I pictured the "heavy-tray lady" as having curlers in her hair, worn-out bedslippers and wearing a mumu.

So, I'd probably be lucky if I ended up not telling her that she must be in the wrong place, that the trailer park was a quarter-mile swim to the starboard side.

Jeez. I'm a little rowdy today.

Your good...

I would have told her off...

People who cut in front of me for any reason whatsoever, I'll walk around them and get in front of them, then I'll push them back a bit by "accidentally" moving backwards. OR I will be very loud in my displeasure about how inconsiderate it is for them to cut ahead of everyone BEHIND me. OR I'll just be very crass and say a few choice words, again quite loudly, and let them know of my displeasure in angry tones. Just depends on the mood I'm in at the time.

Embarrassment is wonderful tool..... :D

Okay, since we're talking about about the dregs of humanity that we are always subjected to when vacationing, what is it that compels people to have to be the first on a tender so that they can have an aisle seat? So you have to step over them to sit and then they want to give you dirty looks or make rude comments because they got hit in the arm or the head with your beach bag. confused24.gif

Yes, these are the same people that go to Disney or Universal and have to be the first into a theater attraction so that they can stop and sit in the middle. :mad:

I like to step on those people when I'm forced to pass them.

Your good...

I would have told her off...

Believe me...if I had my "beer muscles"...I'd have made her tray a whole lot lighter - and by lighter I mean throwing it overboard. :D

I'm pretty non-confrontational for the most part...and I'm pretty sure she felt like an a** after that.

I'm guilty of forgetting something in a buffet line, like a butter pat, or cream for coffee. Do I need to go to the back of the line, or can I excuse myself and reach in and get the item I need?

Just asking......

:confused:

I'm guilty of forgetting something in a buffet line, like a butter pat, or cream for coffee. Do I need to go to the back of the line, or can I excuse myself and reach in and get the item I need?

Just asking......

No, I don't think anyone would expect you to go to the end of the line. In fact, if you couldn't get close enough to the line with your tray, you could just ask a fellow passenger for a little help.

Just asking......

This would be excused in my book. As long as you said "excuse me...may I just grab some cream for my coffee?" I'd let you in - no problem. :) This lady was clearly butting in line for fresh Ceasar Salad that we ALL were waiting for. :mad:

Yeah, that's definitely not the same as squeezing your bubble butt into line and cutting in front of others just because you're lazy.

And I can say that.

Because I have a bubble butt.

But I'm not lazy.

Just asking......

When this was discussed on another board recently, some folks said they HATE it when someone leans over their food to do this! You can't win. I wouldn't have thought of that. But I think asking if you could grab some butter is perfectly fine. If they want to pass it to you, all the better (unless they scoop out a handful and smear it on your tray. I hate it when that happens.:rolleyes: )

When this was discussed on another board recently, some folks said they HATE it when someone leans over their food to do this! You can't win. I wouldn't have thought of that. But I think asking if you could grab some butter is perfectly fine. If they want to pass it to you, all the better (unless they scoop out a handful and smear it on your tray. I hate it when that happens.:rolleyes: )
That wouldn't have been the wheelchair.gif board would it?

Okay, I agree you shouldn't lean over someone else's food, but in between trays/people is perfectly fine.

Why do people cram themselves up in front of the main pool?

The only time I saw a lack of chairs were the chairs right in front of the main pool. The other aft pools and plenty of room and the top deck (not topless) had tons of chairs and a wonderful breeze.

As for someone being a chair hog, use common sense.

Archived