Pregnant and nonalcoholic drink questions

aggie0811

I'm leaving Monday on the Fascination and I'll be 23 weeks pregnant. I'm going to miss laying by the pool with a fruity drink in my hand. What are some good *virgin* drinks I could order so I don't feel so left out? I think I'm going to miss relaxing with a cruise drink the most this trip. :(

I'm leaving Monday on the Fascination and I'll be 23 weeks pregnant.

:(

I'm just stating this in case you weren't aware.

IF you turn 24 weeks before the end of the cruise,,, you may be denied boarding.

I hope thats not the case. I'm not passing judgement. Just passing on information so you can prepare.

If you were aware of this policy,,, my apologies for hijacking the thread.

This is from Carnivals FAQ page:

What is Carnival's policy for guests who are pregnant?

Carnival's policy regarding guests who are pregnant:

While at sea or in port, the availability of medical care may be limited or delayed. Prenatal and early infant care in particular may require specialized diagnostic facilities and/or treatment that are not obtainable during the cruise on board the ship or ashore in ports of call. Pregnant women are not allow to cruise unless their estimated gestational age on the day of disembarkation is 24 completed weeks or less.

Pregnant women with an estimated gestational age of 24 completed weeks or less, on the day of disembarkation, must submit, prior to departure, a letter from her attending physician certifying that her gestational status is in accordance with this policy, and that the expecting mother is fit to sail.

Because the safety of the pregnant mother and unborn child is our number one concern, Carnival will not accept any agreement or recommendation from the Guest and/or her physician that the policy be waived.

Click here to print Carnival's Pregnancy Certification Form.

I cruised while prego last year. The first two days or so I enjoyed many virgin strawberry daiquiris, miami vice's, pina coladas, etc. They tasted great! But by the 3rd day I was in complete sugar overload and I basically just drank pellegrino sparkling water with lime the rest of the time... Still had fun though!

DH and I dont drink either, we like the fruit punch.( orange juice/pinapple juice/papaya juice and grenadine-yummy! also on the lido, the papaya punch served where the orange juice is, is very very good. grab a cup, fill with ice, and get that juice in the morning! enjoy!

Thanks everyone for the drink ideas! I'm ready to have one right now. 3 hours of work left and then I finish packing and hit the road for Georgia. I do know the policy. I'm getting in under the wire. Once you hit 25 weeks, they don't let you sail. I've got my doctor's approval already faxed to carnival. I'll be just under 24 weeks when we get back off the ship. :)

Archived