Carnival Triumph Suites and FTTF -- confused???

Looking to book a grand suite for me and two girlfriends next March. We are all dealing with family illnesses and need a major break away from all of it.

If you have a GS, do you need to buy the FTTF? I thought alot of those perks came with the GS category?? Like VIP check in, VIP embark and disembark at the ports, dining preferences, etc. I have looked at the FTTF info on the Carnival website but its still not clear how this is different from GS guests. Have any of you had an experience with FTTF and suites yet?

We have not cruised CCL in a while and I'm kind of nervous about trying again.

Thanks in advance!!

Robin

GS FTTF Perks

yes yes Priority Security, Check-in and Express Boarding

yes yes First Access to Stateroom

??? yes Express Luggage

no yes Guest Services (A dedicated phone and line at Guest Services.)

no yes Dining Reservations (Priority Main Dining Room and Specialty Restaurant reservations.)

??? yes Tender Priority (You will have priority tender from ship to shore.)

yes yes Debarkation Choices

yes no Priority lounge at embarkation

I'm not sure where anyone has gotten the idea that a suite gets you the same perks as FTTF.... They are incorrect! A suite (any type of suite) gets you priority boarding and disembarkation. THAT'S IT!

For $50 a CABIN you get the priority embarkation/disembarkation PLUS:

immediate access to your cabin once onboard (it says it on the door)

your luggage should be to your cabin either right away or very soon.

Priority tendering to the island (if tendering is used) - NO one gets priority tendering back.

Priority access at the pursers desk

Priority dining room reservations

So if available I would suggest buying it.... Platinum and Diamond get the same benefits along with a few others.

GS FTTF Perks

yes yes Priority Security, Check-in and Express Boarding

NO yes First Access to Stateroom

NO yes Express Luggage

no yes Guest Services (A dedicated phone and line at Guest Services.)

no yes Dining Reservations (Priority Main Dining Room and Specialty Restaurant reservations.)

NO yes Tender Priority (You will have priority tender from ship to shore.)

yes yes Debarkation Choices

yes YES Priority lounge at embarkation

See red above

Edited by bobsfamily

As already stated, simply having a suite does not get you any perks other than priority embark and debark,

No early access to stateroom.

No VIP lounge access.

No priority dining reservations.

No priority steakhouse reservations.

In other words, none of the other FTTF or Platinum/Diamond perks.

Edited by KenMo

I'm not sure where anyone has gotten the idea that a suite gets you the same perks as FTTF.... They are incorrect! A suite (any type of suite) gets you priority boarding and disembarkation. THAT'S IT!

For $50 a CABIN you get the priority embarkation/disembarkation PLUS:

immediate access to your cabin once onboard (it says it on the door)

your luggage should be to your cabin either right away or very soon.

Priority tendering to the island (if tendering is used) - NO one gets priority tendering back.

Priority access at the pursers desk

Priority dining room reservations

So if available I would suggest buying it.... Platinum and Diamond get the same benefits along with a few others.

The suite luggage tags say priority just like the Plat/Diamond tags, so they should get the bags just as early as FTTF.

The suite luggage tags say priority just like the Plat/Diamond tags, so they should get the bags just as early as FTTF.

Nope, when you get to the port you either have to have FTTF or be P/D to get the extra tag for faster delivery. ALL P/D say FTTF on the tags, people who bought FTTF have it on their tags, Suites do not (unless you either are P/D or bought FTTF). In May they added a tag onto your luggage that make it priority delivery when they saw the FTTF logo ONLY.

Edited by bobsfamily

imagine the work that cabin steward must do to get ALL those suites ready and available by 11am---- not gonna happen. if wanting access to the cabin as soon as the board they need to pay for it

Nope, when you get to the port you either have to have FTTF or be P/D to get the extra tag for faster delivery. ALL P/D say FTTF on the tags, people who bought FTTF have it on their tags, Suites do not (unless you either are P/D or bought FTTF). In May they added a tag onto your luggage that make it priority delivery when they saw the FTTF logo ONLY.

In May, the porters added the FTTF sticker to our luggage tags when they saw we had priority boarding on our boarding pass, for priority luggage to our suite. We did not buy FTTF. We were also IN the VIP lounge, along with the FTTF and the P/D, our suite was ready right away, and our luggage was there within an hour.

Edited by TruckinMama

In May, the porters added the FTTF sticker to our luggage tags when they saw we had priority boarding on our boarding pass, for priority luggage to our suite. We did not buy FTTF. We were also IN the VIP lounge, along with the FTTF and the P/D, our suite was ready right away, and our luggage was there within an hour.

That porter made a mistake adding the FTTF labels to your luggage. It is NOT a suite perk.

I cannot speak for sure on whether this is still the case since FTTF was implemented since I have the perks anyway, however, prior to being platinum and when booking suites, we always had access to the VIP lounge at check-in. That's where suite guests check-in for priority embarkation in most (I say most, as this has always been my own experience) terminals, therefore, access.

I cannot speak for sure on whether this is still the case since FTTF was implemented since I have the perks anyway' date=' however, prior to being platinum and when booking suites, we always had access to the VIP lounge at check-in. That's where suite guests check-in for priority embarkation in most (I say most, as this has always been my own experience) terminals, therefore, access.[/quote']

This is correct.

Suites have always had access to the VIP lounge since suites get VIP check-in.

I think the debate is whether FTTF get VIP lounge access, which they are not supposed to. It is not a FTTF perk. And neither is early access to the cabin.

Edited by KenMo

I think the debate is whether FTTF get VIP lounge access, which they are not supposed to. It is not a FTTF perk. And neither is early access to the cabin.

If you have a suite -- you use the VIP lounge --FTTF or not -- and the only reason we have used FTTF is to get early access to the suite -- so yes it IS a FTTF perk.

Excursion Overview

Notes

The Faster to the Fun price is not Per Person as listed. The $49.95 price covers all occupants of the cabin so only 1 guest needs to purchase but all occupants receive the benefits.

Please note, there is no specific "set" time, nor a specific arrival time required... once clearance is received from Customs to start boarding, Faster to the Fun guests will board after our VIFP Club Platinum & Diamond Guests.

Space is Limited.

After purchasing Faster to the Fun package, please remember to re-print your boarding documents so Faster to Fun reflects on your documents. Have FUN!

MAXIMIZE YOUR VACATION FUN WITH CARNIVAL’S FASTER TO FUN PACKAGE. With this upgrade package, you get your own personal express lane to the FUN (and yes, FASTER!).

Excursion Description

CARNIVAL’S FASTER TO THE FUN PACKAGE:

BOOK IT TODAY TO JUMPSTART THE FUN

Here's what it includes:

(Note: VIFP Club Platinum and Diamond members do not need to purchase this package as these and other benefits are included as part of your VIFP Club status.)

Priority Check-in with Express Boarding

The quicker you board the ship, the quicker you're holding a frosty drink.

Guaranteed Stateroom

Your stateroom will be ready as soon as you board, so you can relax or freshen up for the fun you're about to have.

Express Luggage

Your luggage will be expedited to your stateroom so you can unpack and get settled in for a great vacation!

Guest Services

You'll have a dedicated phone number and line at Guest Services so you can quickly have your questions answered.

Dining Reservations

Priority Main Dining Room and Specialty Restaurant reservations.

Tender Priority

You will have the option to choose a priority tender from the ship to shore (multiple departure times may be possible), so you can explore ashore as quickly as you would like.

Debarkation

We're always sad to see you go. But when your cruise is over, you may choose an early or late disembarkation time upon arrival to your homeport.

If you have a suite -- you use the VIP lounge --FTTF or not -- and the only reason we have used FTTF is to get early access to the suite -- so yes it IS a FTTF perk.

Yes, I understand that suites get VIP access, which is what I posted in the part you didn't quote.

My point is that simply having a suite does not get you any perks other than priority embark and debark. None. (At least that's the way it's supposed to work.)

If you purchase FTTF, of course you would have early access. That is one of the FTTF perks.

If you are Plat/Diamond and are on a ship that has FTTF, you do not need to purchase FTTF. There are a couple of perks with FTTF that are added to the Plat/Diamond perks.

I can see where you might have thought I didn't know what I was talking about though. My sentence "And neither is early access to the cabin" was in the wrong spot. Simply having a suite does not get early access.

Edited by KenMo

I bet you REALLY want to book a suite on a Carnival ship NOW?? :rolleyes:

LOL!! You read my mind... this is what concerns me... there seems to be confusion among passengers, varying experiences and our PVP was also not 100% sure either since Triumph just came out of dry dock.

BUT, if is $49 and we can get to our room faster and get priority treatment elsewhere then I might be willing to risk the money and try it for this one trip.

Now to ease my mind about the Triumph... ;)

This confusion on Carnival is why we (me, DH and DS) are sailing a Suite on NCL next year. There are tons of perks included with their suite prices and its very clear on the website and folks seem to have very similar experiences. One of our main reasons for going is the private Haven area and priority access everywhere on the ship and in the ports.

LOL!! You read my mind... this is what concerns me... there seems to be confusion among passengers, varying experiences and our PVP was also not 100% sure either since Triumph just came out of dry dock.

BUT, if is $49 and we can get to our room faster and get priority treatment elsewhere then I might be willing to risk the money and try it for this one trip.

Now to ease my mind about the Triumph... ;)

This confusion on Carnival is why we (me, DH and DS) are sailing a Suite on NCL next year. There are tons of perks included with their suite prices and its very clear on the website and folks seem to have very similar experiences. One of our main reasons for going is the private Haven area and priority access everywhere on the ship and in the ports.

Is your PVP a Carnival PVP? Any Carnival PVP should certainly be able to answer your question. It is a very simple question with a clear answer. (This is not a dig against you, but rather the PVP.) If your PVP can't answer the question directly, I would suggest asking for someone else. Not being able to answer a simple question always makes me leery about what else is this person unclear or unaware of?

All that being said, since you're springing the bucks for a suite for your much needed vaca, I would not hesitate to get the FTTF if it is available. Just be aware that they go fast once they go on sale.

Is your PVP a Carnival PVP? Any Carnival PVP should certainly be able to answer your question. It is a very simple question with a clear answer. (This is not a dig against you, but rather the PVP.)

If your PVP can't answer the question directly, I would suggest asking for someone else. Not being able to answer a simple question always makes me leery about what else is this person unclear or unaware of?

All that being said, since you're springing the bucks for a suite for your much needed vaca, I would not hesitate to get the FTTF if it is available. Just be aware that they go fast once they go on sale.

Yes he's a Carnival PVP... the best PVP left Carnival in Dec and this guy is who we were assigned to.

When do the FTTF's usually go on sale before the sailing?

Yes, I understand that suites get VIP access, which is what I posted in the part you didn't quote.

My point is that simply having a suite does not get you any perks other than priority embark and debark. None. (At least that's the way it's supposed to work.)

If you purchase FTTF, of course you would have early access. That is one of the FTTF perks.

If you are Plat/Diamond and are on a ship that has FTTF, you do not need to purchase FTTF. There are a couple of perks with FTTF that are added to the Plat/Diamond perks.

I can see where you might have thought I didn't know what I was talking about though. My sentence "And neither is early access to the cabin" was in the wrong spot. Simply having a suite does not get early access.

Yeah there seems to GE a tone of confusion here -- but my apologies for the assumption !

See red above

According to Mary (Carnival employee on the carnival forums) you do have early access to your room as a suite guest, however you don't get the other FTTF perks.

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/forums/p/276678/1429585.aspx

My PVP also told me I could go straight to my suite for our cruise in August. There are hordes of people on these forums though that insist suite guests don't have early access... I'm so confused! :confused:

Guess I'll know when I get on the ship... :D

According to Mary (Carnival employee on the carnival forums) you do have early access to your room as a suite guest, however you don't get the other FTTF perks.

My PVP also told me I could go straight to my suite for our cruise in August. There are hordes of people on these forums though that insist suite guests don't have early access... I'm so confused! :confused:

Don't feel bad that you're confused....I think Mary is pretty confused too, and she works there!!?? She should maybe read over what she posted and cut and pasted. :)

Priority Check-In Program

Carnival’s Priority Check-In is an exclusive service designed to afford our Platinum and Diamond guests and those traveling in deluxe suite accommodations (categories: CS ES GS SS VS OS JS OB) with special registration privileges. Cruise documents will state, "Please proceed to Priority Check-In".

Sorry but I dont see the line following that which says: Please proceed to your cabin upon boarding. :D Boarding and cabin being ready are two different things entirely. Its pretty straight forward really...don't know why a Carnival Employee can't read it...or I guess in this case...understand/decipher it.

Have Mary give you the link where it says suites get early access to the cabin.

This has never been a perk on Carnival and I would like to see it. I'm interested in where this is stated since I can not find it.

And let us know how it went when you get back.

Have a great cruise!