Going to Turtle Farm - need help planning

Akitkat118

Hello

My husband and I will be going on a cruise in December with our son, who will be 20 months old at the time.

Last time my husband and I were on a cruise that stopped in the Cayman's we did the Turtle Farm and had a blast, and my son loves animals so we think he would like it.

We do not want to do a tour through the ship again, so I am trying to figure out the best way to plan this.

Are there cabs that will take you to the turtle farm from the port? How much are they?

Should i buy turtle farm tickets before we leave?

are the busses safe and reliable for kids?

thanks!

Can't help with anything but the buses....they are safe and reliable.

I don't see why buying tickets in advance would be needed...especially since being a "tendered" port, there's always the possibilty of not stopping there! I would wait to spend my money on tickets!

I went in January with my 3 year old and she loved it. They're too young to touch the turtles but she liked watching them, and there's a beachy area and other stuff to do there as well.

I bought the tickets online in advance as there was a discount for booking early online. It included transportation, which is the same transportation as the cruise line booked tours.

The times for the transportation didn't really work for me though, so we took the city bus there and back. Very easy and cheap.

Was it the Turtle Farms policy that she was too young to touch/hold the turtles or yours?

I can't see why he couldn't pet the turtles.. especially because when I was playing around with one of the tanks you could grab them from no employees were around watching.

anyway, thanks for the advice so far!

There was a sign up that they have to be 4 or 5, can't remember which sorry. There was an employee there asking people to not hold the turtles outside of the tank, so not sure if he would enforce that too. It was due to the bacteria I believe, so I didn't want to risk it. Up to you though, they do have hand sanitizer available.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk 2

I just booked online. Yes they provide transportation for cruise ships. The times were 830am or 945am departure and return was 12 and 115pm. I did read somewhere that their bus would drop you off at seven mile beach if you wanted but then you have to take a cab from there back to ship. It is 20% off right now to book online. Think it was $72 for my DH and myself(our DD is still free) for the experience ticket that includes the pool, waterslide, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe its there own bus. There was only 2 TiMes offered going and the leave times were noon and 130 I believe. If u go to there website I think I found it either under FAQ or do a mock booking and it was there.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Archived