Room Location

e050377

Just wondering which would be better motion wise. Higher deck midship room or lower deck all the way forward room? These would be on a Canada New England cruise and both would be inside rooms. Thoughts?

You will feel the least motion being mid ship and on a lower deck.

If you want a lot of motion you'll want a high deck and very far forward.

Out of the choices you provided go with mid ship for least motion even though it's on a higher deck.

Keith

Think of the ship as a teeter-totter. Less motion midship - no matter which deck. More motion forward or aft.

A lot depends on whether or not you have a tendency towards motion sickness. Fortunately we don't so we didn't have any problems on our last cruise with a cabin towards the bow.

Thanks for the replies. I booked high midship, but was having second thoughts. i don't have any seasickness issues, but my husband does. The doctor gave him a prescription for the patches, so hopefully he will be ok.

Just wondering which would be better motion wise. Higher deck midship room or lower deck all the way forward room? These would be on a Canada New England cruise and both would be inside rooms. Thoughts?

The way I read your question, you wanted to feel motion.:p Some people like the rocking.

Inside is the worst type of room. Sorry, but for motion sickness you need at least a window. Something about what your body feels and your eyes see that causes motion sickness.

All the way forward is bad. Higher deck is bad. Between those two I would choose higher deck midship and prepare to suffer.

Archived