Freedom with twins baby 20 month

Hello, Need tips and advices for twins in the FOS Cabin and Bed Accomodation. Help me Please. Also anytime diniyng Experiences and chair for kids in the restaurants. Any information is great for us.

The ship has been retrofitted with Oasis/Allure upgrades including a royal babies and tots nursery. The nursery is open to kids 3 and under for $8 an hour I believe. If your twins will be 3 by the time of sailing then they can be in the adventure ocean program complimentary as long as they are potty trained. We really utilized our nursery on Allure when we were in port at the beach and it was too hot/sunny for our little one. The nursery has a fisher price toy lending program so you don't need to lug toys with you. They have gender/age specific bags you can rent for free and swap in and out during the week. They also have parent and child play groups anything from music, arts and crafts, etc. all geared for kids under 3. I'm told you can request bed rails from your stateroom attendant for your kids if need be. Pack n plays are available if they will use those though. We will be on the Freedom next summer with our two and did a Jr Suite so my husband and I have a bed and our little ones will share a sofa pull out bed. We plan to use the inflatable travel bumpers sold by One Step Ahead as our kiddos are pretty little for a bed. And with the room being large, we can always use a pack n play if need be! In the dining room, you can request high chairs or booster seats. Sometimes, we'd just order room service and feed the kids in the room, bathe them, and drop them off in the nursery for the nighttime sleep care which is $6 or $8 an hr. this allowed us to have a few "date nights"! I don't believe the my time dining is open to kids under the age of 3 as the adventure ocean staff comes to pick them up at the table. However, we found it just as easy to have family dinners, get them ready for bed and take them to nursery on nights we wanted a couple hours to ourselves!

The ship has been retrofitted with Oasis/Allure upgrades including a royal babies and tots nursery. The nursery is open to kids 3 and under for $8 an hour I believe. If your twins will be 3 by the time of sailing then they can be in the adventure ocean program complimentary as long as they are potty trained. We really utilized our nursery on Allure when we were in port at the beach and it was too hot/sunny for our little one. The nursery has a fisher price toy lending program so you don't need to lug toys with you. They have gender/age specific bags you can rent for free and swap in and out during the week. They also have parent and child play groups anything from music, arts and crafts, etc. all geared for kids under 3. I'm told you can request bed rails from your stateroom attendant for your kids if need be. Pack n plays are available if they will use those though. We will be on the Freedom next summer with our two and did a Jr Suite so my husband and I have a bed and our little ones will share a sofa pull out bed. We plan to use the inflatable travel bumpers sold by One Step Ahead as our kiddos are pretty little for a bed. And with the room being large, we can always use a pack n play if need be! In the dining room, you can request high chairs or booster seats. Sometimes, we'd just order room service and feed the kids in the room, bathe them, and drop them off in the nursery for the nighttime sleep care which is $6 or $8 an hr. this allowed us to have a few "date nights"! I don't believe the my time dining is open to kids under the age of 3 as the adventure ocean staff comes to pick them up at the table. However, we found it just as easy to have family dinners, get them ready for bed and take them to nursery on nights we wanted a couple hours to ourselves!

Thank for this info!! We don't have twins, but we will have our 20 month old on our first RCCL cruise. NCL had little accommodations for children under 3 when we cruised last year. They just had a play group that parents had to stay at. You were much more informative than the RCCL web site. I'm looking forward to our cruise even more now!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Check the family cruising board, there are lots of good tips there. We will be on Freedom with our 18m old and 3.5 year old, and have done Oasis with a 16m old. Its a great family vacation!

If your kids are in daycare now then I suggest the nursery like others mentioned. We choose early dining and put our DD in the nursery before we ate as they would bring food in for her. It was nice to have a relaxing meal and after dinner drinks, etc while DD could go to bed at her normal time.

Tip the nursery is in the AFT so if you decide to use that get a room in the aft. It's a long ship with a sleeping baby in your arms. :)

There IS no freedom with 20 month old twins.

I am a mother of twins. So--I understand your wanting to plan this out in advance. I agree with the posting regarding getting a suite. I know that with twins there is just so much "stuff" you need. [even if you can borrow the toys--which is a huge help!]

Good luck to you.

PS--My twins are adults now. :):p:D

My son was 17 months when on the Allure. He enjoyed the Royal Tots nursery a few of the evenings while we enjoyed goingt o some shows! There daytime puppet show and playtimes were fun for him as well. They do have high chairs in the dining room and buffet areas. I also reccomend a suite to allow for more room since with little ones we really are in the room more than some people. My son will be almost 21/2 on the Freedom this year and I think he will have so much more fun throughout the entire ship! Definitely go to the character breakfast!

Archived