Need help with sleeping arrangements with 2yo twins

masteryoda13

Hi all, we're going on a cruise at the end of July and are trying to figure out sleeping arrangements for our two year old (27 months at the of cruising) twins (boy and a girl). We have two connecting balcony rooms and were thinking of having the kids sleep in one room and we would be in another. However, we're not sure if they'll be able to fit in for the carnival metal mini cribs. We don't really want to drag pack and plays with us, so our other option would be to get one of those extra long and yet portable bed rails. If the cribs will be large enough for the kids, would two of them fit in one cabin? Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

We packed a full sized bed rail in our luggage and used it on a regular bed when DS2 was that age. He was sleeping in a toddler bed at the time, but did fine with the rail. My boy is a monkey while sleeping, so I wasn't comfortable with the rolled up towel or pool noodle under the bed sheets trick!

To pack the bed rail, I disassembled it so it looked the way it did in its original shipping box. It didn't take up much room at all in my full sized suitcase and I was confident it would work, which it did. The blow up and travel options just didn't give me much confidence.

The cribs are pretty tiny from what I remember- we didn't use one, You probably could get 2 in a room if you didn't need a ton of walking space. For DS, we opted to turn the couch around in the room to face the wall- worked perfectly for DS. He could still get out of the ends if he wanted to, but didn't. What about inflatable toddler beds for them?

Bring 2 pool "noodles"....and put them in the queen sized bed together. If you stick the noodle under the edge of the fitted sheet, it will keep them from rolling out. Or...let them sleep on the floor! Kids simply don't care!

If you are only using the 2nd room for the kids, 2 cribs will fit fine. It's not like 2 little ones need much space anyway.

Bring 2 pool "noodles"....and put them in the queen sized bed together. If you stick the noodle under the edge of the fitted sheet, it will keep them from rolling out. Or...let them sleep on the floor! Kids simply don't care!

If you are only using the 2nd room for the kids, 2 cribs will fit fine. It's not like 2 little ones need much space anyway.

There is a current thread on the Carnival board with picture of an inflatable bedrail, equal of a pool noodle but much more packable. Available at Amazon and Bed, Bath and Beyond. EM

What kind of full size bed rail did you get?

Safety first. They are the usual ones we have at home, because I hate to buy things only for travel :)

I've seen the blow up ones, but honestly I don't think they'd keep my Houdini boy in bed!

Archived