Debarkation question

nikless

How do they handle debarkation when you spend an overnite at the debarkation port? I am trying to determine how problematic an earlier flight time would be, when the ship is scheduled to arrive at the debark port the day before... I assume they still do the metered debark process for baggage, but can you get off the Ship at a time prior to that?

Example - our cruise will arrive Venice the day before the last day (overnite in Venice)...would we have a problem with an 11AM flight out?

How do they handle debarkation when you spend an overnite at the debarkation port? I am trying to determine how problematic an earlier flight time would be, when the ship is scheduled to arrive at the debark port the day before... I assume they still do the metered debark process for baggage, but can you get off the Ship at a time prior to that?

Example - our cruise will arrive Venice the day before the last day (overnite in Venice)...would we have a problem with an 11AM flight out?

After the ship is cleared by Customs upon arriving in Venice, you may disembark at any time.

Ive gotten off as early as 3am to catch a 6am flight..

Jancruz1

That's great news, We'll be staying in Venice for a few days-so getting off sounds like it will be easy that morning. We'll be taking a water taxi, should we book ahead (the day before) or will their be lot's of them around? How far from the ship to get a water taxi?

I'm sure Jim and Stan know!

Rick

That's great news, We'll be staying in Venice for a few days-so getting off sounds like it will be easy that morning. We'll be taking a water taxi, should we book ahead (the day before) or will their be lot's of them around? How far from the ship to get a water taxi?

I'm sure Jim and Stan know!

Rick

When we were last in Venice, May of 2012, the Water Taxi dock was located a few hundred yards in front of the ship.

plan_v_cruise_terminal_silver_whisper_boats.jpgThat is not a true representation of how far you will have to walk, however, because of Customs, the gangway leads to a secure area, somewhat inland, and you will need to make your way from there.

On the June 25 debarkation from Marina after overnighting in Stockholm the Terrace Cafe opened at 3:00am to accommodate the passengers who were leaving early.

On the June 25 debarkation from Marina after overnighting in Stockholm the Terrace Cafe opened at 3:00am to accommodate the passengers who were leaving early.

WOW!

That's very nice and a definite first for me (on any ship or cruise line).

Archived