Hello All, Back Again !!

Haven't had much time to get on CC since we went on our first cruise in April. Had the time of our lives. Security was a breeze and had no problems coming or going. Got our water and other things onboard OK. All the things we were worried about were soon over-shadowed with fruity drinks and waves splashing off the side off the ship. Best advice, Book excursions for Falmouth and do not cross thru the gate on foot. Native folk pulling on you and fighting each other to get to you to sell their wares. Got an excursion on the dock in Cayman Islands to go swim with Stingrays. $25 pp. Ate conch on the boat ride back in. It was a blast. $30 and they send you photos taken by the photographer. Shooping was OK in Cozumel. We had a day trip to a beach planned and ditched that to walk around and take a cab around a bit. We are booking the same cruise next week for March 30th. so we can go do all the things we missed out on the first time. Food on the Mariner was great. Sales in the shops were great also, so they could get all the liquor and other things off the ship and ready to go to Asia. Hope everything will be just as good on the NOS when it comes out of the shipyards in Feb. I think we will be more relaxed and focused on this second cruise than the first. Not worrying about time as much. Actually getting the exact same room on NOS as we were in on Mariner, and for about $700 less. All for now, and hope to see some of the folks I met on Mariner on NOS in March. Ahoy, Hawkeye

Glad you enjoyed it and welcome back. I remember way back when when Mariner of the Seas was out of port Canaveral.

I loved the Western Caribbean. In Falmouth though, I just stayed at the port. Next time I go I think I will do the Dunns River Falls Excursion.

I agree with your advise to book an excursion in Falmouth. We did a nice beach trip last time there. This August we are looking forward to a Catamarin Snorkeling and Sailing trip. Done Dunns Falls once and NEVER again... too many people and an accident waiting to happen.

As for stepping out of the "gates" - I LOVE IT! Yea, I hang on to my wallet and realize the folks are pretty agressive, but what a hoot! I never felt personally threatened, I just played along. I have not been to Falmouth since 2011 so maybe it has changed, but unless the ship warns me not to go outside, I am looking forward to hanging with the locals for a little while.

This cruise out of Galveston will be part of the C & A quarterly savings certificate for July 1rst. RCCL gave me the info early and my TA booked it for me and will get the discount applied Monday. It is combinable with Next Cruise Cert. and is worth $150 off suites and balcony and exterior, and worth $65 of inside cabin. Got my 2 cabins already so now sharing with you guys. Total due on a balcony with insurance and grats is less than $1600, after the NCC and savings cert. is applied. Good Deal !!!

Glad you enjoyed your trip. In Jamaica, we did Dunn River once and we all agree it is probably one of our favorites. It was my son's favorite until he went to Maho Beach in St. Marteen. What is it with teenage boys and planes? As to Falmouth, we walked around inside the gates last time, but will probably stay on the ship next time. In Cozumel, we usually go to Chankanaab or Nachi Cocum. We have done the shopping, but not really our thing. We love the western caribbean! Just got back from southern caribbean on Jewel and all I can say is WOW! Love St. Lucia.

Archived