Creatures of the night

helpthejuggler

We have some great memories when the ship has been in port overnight. So far we have done this in Istanbul, Venice, St. Petersburg, Malaga and Cork(Cobh).

This is something that I would love to see more variety with late departures or 2 day stops.

Which ports make the best places to spend the evening to experience more from the cruise. Hopefully some day Celebrity will offer some of these as an alternative to the long standing choices.

I'm could happily enjoy longer in Warnemunde, Tallinn, Copenhagen (to visit Tivoli Gardens), Zeebrugge, Barcelona, Dubrovnik, to name a few.

Any ports that would not be worth stopping overnight (too small or no nightlife)?

We've over nighted in many of the places you have as well as Stockholm (fantastic!) and Edinburgh.

I would personally love more evening or overnight stops in almost any port I've been in. The only exceptions may be those ports that are an hour or more away from the places of interest (Rome, Florence, etc). If the ship stayed late or overnight in a port that didn't interest me I'd just stay on board.

Staying into the evening allows you to experience some more of the culture. One of my fondest memories are having a drink late at night in St. Marks Square.

Barcelona and Lisbon are also wonderful ports for overnight. That is what we like most about Azamara Cruises. They offer many overnight stays in great ports

We had an overnight in Lisbon a few years ago. We went to a fabulous "Fado" club for dinner and entertainment. Fantastic!

The wine immersive leaving the uk does 3 overnights the best by far being Bilbao. Means you can really enjoy shore time with no stress and the evening atmosphere. For those non European cc members the overnight in Le Havre and the opportunity to visit Paris I would imagine would be a very special trip.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The wine immersive leaving the uk does 3 overnights the best by far being Bilbao. Means you can really enjoy shore time with no stress and the evening atmosphere. For those non European cc members the overnight in Le Havre and the opportunity to visit Paris I would imagine would be a very special trip.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Like the sound of those. Somehow the term Immersive has always discouraged me from these cruises.

Archived