First time on Celebrity - Silhouette Mediterranean/Adriatic June 15 review

lhall85917

I am interested in the tour you did in Malta, was this organised by the ship and what did you think of it? I am on the Silhouette next week and I am undecided about what to do in Malta?. Any feedback would be good thanks :)

The Malta tour was a private excursion arranged by someone on our roll call. Our guide was very good, if you do this just be sure to ask for a van with air conditioning! We especially enjoyed the fishing village and Blue Grotto. Here is the description -

"Upon meeting your guide, you can decide which of the sights you would prefer to visit: Tour of Medina - the Silent City, the magnificent Mosta Dome and Marsaxlokk - the traditional Maltese fishing village. You can go to Megalithic Temples of Mnajdra and Hagar Qim or see Dingli Cliffs. If enough time – possibility to see Blue Grotto-the Sea Cave too."

The company is owned by Milo, you can contact him at popmilo@rocketmail.com. He was busy that day so our guide was Nenad. He was very good.

thanks for the info I have sent an email. Do you mind me asking what price you paid? I am looking at going to Marsaxlokk and the Blue Grotto but have only got the afternoon & early evening in port.

The van cost was 370 euro, there were 7 of us from our roll call that split the cost.

The Malta tour was a private excursion arranged by someone on our roll call. Our guide was very good, if you do this just be sure to ask for a van with air conditioning! We especially enjoyed the fishing village and Blue Grotto. Here is the description -

"Upon meeting your guide, you can decide which of the sights you would prefer to visit: Tour of Medina - the Silent City, the magnificent Mosta Dome and Marsaxlokk - the traditional Maltese fishing village. You can go to Megalithic Temples of Mnajdra and Hagar Qim or see Dingli Cliffs. If enough time – possibility to see Blue Grotto-the Sea Cave too."

The company is owned by Milo, you can contact him at popmilo@rocketmail.com. He was busy that day so our guide was Nenad. He was very good.

Sorry :).... Have to correct you! :) Milo was a contact person for our tour in Kotor, Montenegro. The email address and the name of the guide we had is correct. For our tour in Malta and Split we used the company "Private Guides Team" and its website is http://www.private-guides.com. The contact person for this company (and a great guide in Split as well) is Frank. You can contact him at matej_t@yahoo.com.

Sorry :).... Have to correct you! :) Milo was a contact person for our tour in Kotor, Montenegro. The email address and the name of the guide we had is correct. For our tour in Malta and Split we used the company "Private Guides Team" and its website is http://www.private-guides.com. The contact person for this company (and a great guide in Split as well) is Frank. You can contact him at matej_t@yahoo.com.

Oh...thanks for doing that. Lance told me earlier it was wrong and I never went back to fix it. :o

Oh...thanks for doing that. Lance told me earlier it was wrong and I never went back to fix it. :o

Milo, pronounced Melo, was our guide in Montenegro for his special 5 hour tour! Yes, I also sent others to him to find guides since he was taking me and my DH around Montenegro. The views were to die for, and the weather was wonderful too!:cool: He is a very safe driver, and that is what you need on those curves, but that is also how you get the great views!:)

Thank you for sharing your cruise experience and all those wonderful photos. We will be on the Silhouette July cruise and have booked a room at the Antiche Figure hotel for a night after the cruise. Just wanted your thoughts on the hotel if possible.

Thank you

Thank you for sharing your cruise experience and all those wonderful photos. We will be on the Silhouette July cruise and have booked a room at the Antiche Figure hotel for a night after the cruise. Just wanted your thoughts on the hotel if possible.

Thank you

Great hotel! I am so jealous! I have some pics I will try to find and post, but here is a video of the canal from our room - http://youtu.be/C2vzmUW1hS4.

I just ordered our photo book from our trip, lots of great pictures and memories! The link is here - http://www.mypublisher.com/index/?e=OHm3Q8zJl3QAKhfZrPLyeAsIFqgWlTLm&showForm=true Please let me know if it doesn't work, although I don't think it will work on iPhone or Ipad.

Sharon,

Great pics!!! And what a wonderful book full of the best memories!!! I can't believe we actually visited all these places!!! Could you please let me know what camera you used?

I am still in a process of sorting my pics! :)

Very nice review / photos. FWIW I believe that active volcanic island you mentioned in one of your earliet posts was Stromboli - Northwest of Messina, Sicily. It was a highlight for us on a cruise years ago out of Barcelona. It started a good sized eruption right as we sailed by.

We'll be on Silhouette out of Rome in August - can't wait !

Sharon,

Great pics!!! And what a wonderful book full of the best memories!!! I can't believe we actually visited all these places!!! Could you please let me know what camera you used?

I am still in a process of sorting my pics! :)

I am looking forward to seeing your pictures too! It is a Canon SX40, we just got it in December (long Xmas story!) and really like using it and are happy with our pictures. There is still a lot to learn to make the best use of it.

So funny...we tape House Hunters International all the time, last night they were in Orvieto! The real estate agent and buyer were having coffee in the same restaurant we sat at and had a beer! Love seeing something like that, Lance gets a big kick out of saying "been there"! They haven't shown the caves yet, I'm waiting...

Very nice review / photos. FWIW I believe that active volcanic island you mentioned in one of your earliet posts was Stromboli - Northwest of Messina, Sicily. It was a highlight for us on a cruise years ago out of Barcelona. It started a good sized eruption right as we sailed by.

We'll be on Silhouette out of Rome in August - can't wait !

I wish I were going back in the Silhouette soon, I'm sure you will have a great time! Thanks for letting me know about Stromboli, I wondered if that was it but didn't know. Have a wonderful cruise!

I just ordered our photo book from our trip, lots of great pictures and memories! The link is here - http://www.mypublisher.com/index/?e=OHm3Q8zJl3QAKhfZrPLyeAsIFqgWlTLm&showForm=true Please let me know if it doesn't work, although I don't think it will work on iPhone or Ipad.

The link works beautifully. Thanks for sharing your photo album with us!

Loved your review and can't wait to do a similar itinerary in 2014!! Very interested in your tour of the Dolomites...which company did you use? Would you recommend them again? Also, the dinner on the balcony on formal night...was the food delivered all at once? was it the temp it should be?

Thanks so much for a great review as well as all the fabulous pics!

Cathy

Loved your review and can't wait to do a similar itinerary in 2014!! Very interested in your tour of the Dolomites...which company did you use? Would you recommend them again? Also, the dinner on the balcony on formal night...was the food delivered all at once? was it the temp it should be?

Thanks so much for a great review as well as all the fabulous pics!

Cathy

We used Avventure Bellissme for the Dolomites - it was excellent - http://www.tours-italy.com/. Just be sure to bring a jacket for the mountain portion! Dinner on the balcony wasn't as hit as you would expect in the dining room but was definitely acceptable. It all came at once, we stacked it up on the counter by the tv then just took each course to the balcony as we were ready.

We used Avventure Bellissme for the Dolomites - it was excellent - http://www.tours-italy.com/. Just be sure to bring a jacket for the mountain portion! Dinner on the balcony wasn't as hit as you would expect in the dining room but was definitely acceptable. It all came at once, we stacked it up on the counter by the tv then just took each course to the balcony as we were ready.

Thank you for your prompt reply! Checked out the site but they don't have prices for next year yet:D Guess I'll check back with them in the fall!

We aren't planning on taking formal clothes either so that balcony dinner sounds like the best of both worlds!

Sharon

Thank you for your reviews of photos of the cruise. It was like being there all over again. We enjoyed our tour with you to Orvieto, sounds like your other tours were wonderful as well.

We too wish there had been a little more information on our tour but we really enjoyed it as we usually like to do things on our own.

Happy cruising Wilma & Gary

• 2 weeks later...

Archived