Need shoe advice

brucelegs

I have this dress from Nordies and am wondering if a strappy black dress sandal might work?

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/tadashi-shoji-sequin-overlay-sheath-dress-plus-size/3378468?origin=PredictiveSearch-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=60136226&fashionColor=&resultback=187&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-searchresults-_-undefined_2_C

edited - let's try this link

it is celadon lace and really comes just below the knee on me

I have these cool shoes that I do not think are going to work too weel, aso I guess it is off to find something in bone/ivory - I hate shopping for shoes since I have a good foundation - ie a size 12

http://vip.zappos.com/annie-classy-black?zfcTest=fcl%3A0

The link does not bring the dress up but I found what I beleive is the dress and it is a gorgeous silver dress. Of course strappy black dress sandal will work 0 you thinking heels or flats. A nice silver heel would work well too

Sharon

The link worked for me and I definitely think you need a nude shoe. That dress color is in that mid-range to me? A dark shoe would be way to dark and would attract all the attention to your feet instead of to you and your face. You need a nude shoe that will blend. If you can find a skin tone metallic, that would work too...IMO...anything that will blend with your particular skin tone. Very pretty dress btw...

The link worked for me and I definitely think you need a nude shoe. That dress color is in that mid-range to me? A dark shoe would be way to dark and would attract all the attention to your feet instead of to you and your face. You need a nude shoe that will blend. If you can find a skin tone metallic, that would work too...IMO...anything that will blend with your particular skin tone. Very pretty dress btw...

What a gorgeous dress! Although I think you could get away with black, I definitely agree with Anita Latte - a more neutral toned or even slightly metallic or sheen would look even better.

Love the dress!

Debbie

The dress link worked but the shoe one did not. I think the dress would look nice with a bronze color shoe. Bronze jewelry is popular right now so maybe you could get a necklace or bracelet. Maybe a bronze evening bag?

What is your skin tone?

If you are dark then get a dark shoe. If you are light, like the model, get a light color shoe.

I agree that skin tone matters here. But with the cool color of that dress, I would stay in the silver/pewter range if you are going for metallic...gold/bronze is too warm IMO. I like the second shoebuy shoe in ivory too.

Archived