Vaccinations

paumarier

We have been advised to get certain vaccinations, such as hepatitis, since we will be visiting Egypt, Israel and Turkey on our cruise. Do many of you fellow travelers get the vaccinations? If so, which ones did you get?

My advice is to speak with your Physicians office or a Travel Professional Medical group.

In general, make sure all of your vaccinations are up to date such as Tetanus. Also it is a good idea to get Hepatitis Vaccinations not just for these places but for travel in general. If you are traveling during flu season we also get our flu vaccinations.

Again, just discuss with a Physician.

Keith

As stated by another poster, consult your doctor, especially if you have chronic health issues.

Here's the travel info web site of the CDC, with info for each country:

http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/

The CDC recommends that you be up to date on "measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine, diphtheria-pertussis-tetanus vaccine, varicella (chickenpox) vaccine, and your yearly flu shot."

In addition, the CDC recommends most travelers to Egypt and Turkey get Hepatitis A and Typhoid shots.

(I got the Hep A and Typhoid shots before a trip to Africa. No problems!)

My family is going on a mediterranean cruise July and it is better to be safe than sorry. My travel advisor through my health insurance advised everyone in our family to get an MMR shot. My 15 month old son was given his second MMR shot even though he didn't need it until he is 4. Happy Planning!

countdown.pl?image=Beach-9&name=scarlettmama&date=7-19-2013&text=&ship=Carnival Sunshine

Archived