Continent suite balcony

delondin

I have just returned from a cruise with another line and at lunch was speaking with someone who had been on Azamara and they said never again because they booked a midship suite and it had a juliette balcony instead of a full balcony. My only experience of the Renaissance class ships is Ocean Princess and I have never heard of this. Which cabins have this ?

Thanks.

I, for one, think the new balcony furniture is a great improvement. You can now eat a meal comfortably on it, and not have to put plates and other utencils on the floor as you try and balance your plates.

I, for one, think the new balcony furniture is a great improvement. You can now eat a meal comfortably on it, and not have to put plates and other utencils on the floor as you try and balance your plates.

I preferred it too, but you and I seem to be in the minority. I've seen comment that the table is too big. I thought it was fine and better than the old one as it now has a pedestal base that you don't keep kicking like I did with the leg at each corner. The chairs are very comfortable and I could recline with a cushion on my back against either the patio window or balcony divide and put my feet up on the balcony railing. Perfect!

Phil

None have a Juliet balcony. They all have proper balconies. Below picture of 8054 on Quest. They have changed the balcony furniture from this picture.

2555057230054958397JfNFlU_fs.jpg

Phil

Thanks for replies. Seems quite narrow for a suite balcony.

Yes, after Solstice you'll notice quite a difference. Even the standard sized balconies are really deep. Azamara are a quite useable, but more of a squeeze.

Phil

there is no way to compared S class ships Skysuites with Club suites. But i find the butlers warmer on Azamara.

For what it's worth, we recently cruised on the Celebrity Summit in an Aqua Cabin Deck 11 (new cabins) and not only was the cabin itself smaller, we thought the veranda seemed smaller than any standard veranda on Azamara. The table was smaller than the new tables on Azamara and the reclining type chairs were comfortable. Dining in Blu was wonderful.

Yes, after Solstice you'll notice quite a difference. Even the standard sized balconies are really deep. Azamara are a quite useable, but more of a squeeze.

Phil

I hadn't updated my countdown so last cruise we did was superior deluxe on azura which was quite a large balcony but no cover at all.

Are the standard balconies on Azamara the same size as the continent suite balconies, depth wise? We were lucky when we went on the Ocean Princess (same ship) as we had aft owners suite and balcony was huge.

I hadn't updated my countdown so last cruise we did was superior deluxe on azura which was quite a large balcony but no cover at all.

Are the standard balconies on Azamara the same size as the continent suite balconies, depth wise? We were lucky when we went on the Ocean Princess (same ship) as we had aft owners suite and balcony was huge.

Yes they are. The only balconies that are deeper are the forward and aft facing category VXs (not suites) and the large suites either side of them. Otherwise all the balconies are the same depth as in my photo.

Phil

there is no way to compared S class ships Skysuites with Club suites. But i find the butlers warmer on Azamara.

Robin, I think that may just be luck of the draw, perhaps? We had 15 nights of butler service in our Sky Suite on the Equinox, and it was lovely! Our butler was charming and affable and always seemed to be one step ahead of us. We were really spoiled. Maybe it boils down to one's inherent personality as to whether one finds a butler warm or not. (the butler's, I mean, not yours :))

Robin, I think that may just be luck of the draw, perhaps? We had 15 nights of butler service in our Sky Suite on the Equinox, and it was lovely! Our butler was charming and affable and always seemed to be one step ahead of us. We were really spoiled. Maybe it boils down to one's inherent personality as to whether one finds a butler warm or not. (the butler's, I mean, not yours :))

I had a very good butler on Reflection but i was mam'ed to death. already forgot his name. my 3 butlers on Azamara have been from the same country. I am facebook friends with all three and request is in for next cruise.. i had one butler nameless in case he is well liked. He did his job but i wanted Mervin and got him. Ravin was on holiday.. Think Ravin is on my hall so i get him but i would use either anytime anywhere.

If you read my post again I wasn't.

Phil

I never said you did. but as i went from the Quest onto Reflection it is hard not to compare different things. At least i did. but as the above post says i prefer my butlers.

Archived