Windjammer Dinner Items

FYI...Some ships have sushi in the evening in the buffet. I think it might be the ones that have the JADE section. I don't remember sushi on the Voyager of the Seas, but the Mariner OTS had it.

Also, I like desserts from Cafe Promenade (CP) better than either the MDR or the buffet. So if you have CP, consider delaying dessert and going there later in the evening. Better coffee there too including decaf (IMO).

Definitely some sushi rolls in Jade on Freedom in the evenings. I stopped by for a few pieces before dinner one night. As a huge sushi lover, it was a little disappointing but I had lowered my expectations going in. Think supermarket sushi and its almost that. In fact, our local Kroger is a little better.

Just Meh if you will.

Definitely some sushi rolls in Jade on Freedom in the evenings. I stopped by for a few pieces before dinner one night. As a huge sushi lover, it was a little disappointing but I had lowered my expectations going in. Think supermarket sushi and its almost that. In fact, our local Kroger is a little better.

Just Meh if you will.

If you knew sushi like I know sushi. (Sorry -- I can never resist a pun. :D)

Some of each category, but not all. 50% sounds about right. Not sure about deserts though. Couldn't recall.

50% is better than I thought. I'll just stay away from the stuff they always serve for lunch to get a better dinner experience. Thanks for your perspective.

FYI...Some ships have sushi in the evening in the buffet. I think it might be the ones that have the JADE section. I don't remember sushi on the Voyager of the Seas, but the Mariner OTS had it.

Also, I like desserts from Cafe Promenade (CP) better than either the MDR or the buffet. So if you have CP, consider delaying dessert and going there later in the evening. Better coffee there too including decaf (IMO).

A late night stop for rum raisin cake is always a high priority on my cruise list. Once you start that tradition you're hooked, right? Good to know we aren't the only ones.

I did not know that the MDR post dinner menu early. Were do I find it? We are on the Legend next Feb. any one can compares the MDR and the WJ dinner? we been in Celebrity Solstice in May and loved the buffet dinner. They prepared fresh fish and even chicken for us mad to order. (We tip them and got even the chicken but fish was part of the menu) It was unbelievable good. We end eating their most all night. They also had the Mongolian BBQ each night.Does the Legend offer a good WJ dinner? So often you just don't want to eat at the hour your need to go to dinner.

I did not know that the MDR post dinner menu early. Were do I find it? We are on the Legend next Feb. any one can compares the MDR and the WJ dinner? we been in Celebrity Solstice in May and loved the buffet dinner. They prepared fresh fish and even chicken for us mad to order. (We tip them and got even the chicken but fish was part of the menu) It was unbelievable good. We end eating their most all night. They also had the Mongolian BBQ each night.Does the Legend offer a good WJ dinner? So often you just don't want to eat at the hour your need to go to dinner.

Menus are posted right outside the MDR every day. It's one of our daily activities to make sure to check it, because, you know, it's important to get in a good workout if you know you're having a huge dinner!

Menus are posted right outside the MDR every day. It's one of our daily activities to make sure to check it, because, you know, it's important to get in a good workout if you know you're having a huge dinner!

This made me LOL!!!!!!!

A late night stop for rum raisin cake is always a high priority on my cruise list. Once you start that tradition you're hooked, right? Good to know we aren't the only ones.

OMG, I wish I had not read this because I might want to start my own such tradition. I will have to budget two hours of workout every day while inboard!!!

Correct... they post them in a glass enclosed case on the wall outside the MDR after the lunch hours....Or if you have access to the DL or CL they have them there also.

Great daily routine you have (worked out) :D

So how long does dinner take in the MDR - really ? I've heard 2 hours and I have heard 3 hours. Now I enjoy a nice meal and I do not like to rush.. but I am not sure I could manage to sit at a table for 2 hours.

For example went out last night with the family to a lovely Caribbean restaurant. The folks who run it are definitely on island time. We spent a really relaxed 90 minutes, which included, drinks, appetizer and meal. We were going to have dessert - but we all were ready to stretch our legs.

So ...... what is your experience ? I know we will mix it up - but I really do like to restaurant where I am served ( just not sure I can sit for that long :) . Thanks

So how long does dinner take in the MDR - really ? I've heard 2 hours and I have heard 3 hours. Now I enjoy a nice meal and I do not like to rush.. but I am not sure I could manage to sit at a table for 2 hours.

For example went out last night with the family to a lovely Caribbean restaurant. The folks who run it are definitely on island time. We spent a really relaxed 90 minutes, which included, drinks, appetizer and meal. We were going to have dessert - but we all were ready to stretch our legs.

So ...... what is your experience ? I know we will mix it up - but I really do like to restaurant where I am served ( just not sure I can sit for that long :) . Thanks

We've found that if we tell the servers we have a show we would like to make, they can serve us in less than 90 minutes, even when we are at a table with 8 people. Just let your servers know what you want.

If the ship has the electronic guides next to every elevator/stairway, the menus are on that. Just keep tapping to get to the dinner menus for the MDR. It starts out with the appetizers, entrees and then deserts. You do have to read each screen QUICK though. It times out after a short delay and you have to start over.

We were a table of 10 (2 were children & early seating) and the meals were about 1.5 to 1.75 hours. I think the larger tables take longer; the DR was mostly empty by the time we were ready to leave.

We dined in the MDR every night except the one night we were too late returning to the ship to get ready for dinner so we went to the Windjammer.

And our 2 yo grandson sat through the dinner the whole time but at home we're lucky to get 10 min out of him.;)

All this talk of food has made me hungry! :p

I can't wait to see what the Quantum of the Seas has in the dinning room and the buffet! I'm really hoping for sushi at least some of the time.

When we booked, they told us the only dining available was the My Time. :( We were rather looking forward to the "cruise experience" meaning dinner every evening with a group to make friends with. We're hopeful it was just a ruse to collect the tip charge early and we can make arrangements to switch to a seating when we get closer to the time. Although on the other hand, eating whichever seating we like does sound helpful.... Decisions, decisions, decisions! haha! So lovely to have so many nice choices. ;)

Had to come back and edit to add my thanks for the youtube video. The buffet setup looks quite lovely. I was afraid it would be like some giant cafeteria, but it looks like they keep the portions of each dish smaller and renew more often. Nice to see that considering the large number of servings I'm sure they deal in.

Ok had to come back to edit to add in one other thing. Love that your youtube video showed a good view of the people round about. I've been quite nervous about what the people would be like on the cruise. All the ads from the companies are full of plastic people, and my only other previous view of cruisers was the Love Boat! haha! Perhaps not the best examples. I've never been the sort of person anyone would accuse of being a plastic person. Perhaps had my younger self lived in the 50s when curves were more acceptable, and as curves are wont to do, they've slid into somewhat of a larger shape than you'll ever see in a glossy ad. I've been mollified somewhat by assurances here cruisers are just the average people, but it was nice to really see all sorts enjoying a happy cruise. Now I think I am ready to enjoy my cruise without any worries. I shall be like the terrible kids on some TV journey from now until next year. Is it time yet? Is it time yet? Is it time yet? haha!

We were a table of 10 (2 were children & early seating) and the meals were about 1.5 to 1.75 hours. I think the larger tables take longer; the DR was mostly empty by the time we were ready to leave.

We dined in the MDR every night except the one night we were too late returning to the ship to get ready for dinner so we went to the Windjammer.

And our 2 yo grandson sat through the dinner the whole time but at home we're lucky to get 10 min out of him.;)

Hmmmm so if a 2 year old could do it - I should be able to :D 1.5 hours no sweat....

Thanks

When we were on Adventure of the seas we checked the menu daily for the MDR and ate their twice, as we were only a table of two it took about 90 mins max however we were still hungry after so we would head up to the WJ to get some extra desserts!!!! We ate at Chops Grill one night and that was awesome...... Will probably be doing two visits next cruise in Sept!!! The steak was so beautifully cooked and the sides were out of this world!

I loved the WJ for their breakfasts and dinners so much choice and the sourdough rolls were great. My only advice would be to limit yourself to having one meat, a few Vegas and one choice of potato each night instead of having a little but of everything. This is because it becomes to samey if you try a bit of each type of food that is out all at once.

One of the best dishes we had at the WJ was an Irish stew and their mashed potato followed by a trio of mini desserts, very yummy and very filling. We even had seconds of the main as we had spent three hours sea kayaking and had worked up an appetite!

Archived