Picture-A-Week 2013 - Week 27 Holiday week

I spite of our endless days of rain -- we do get a break so that I can get some pictures.

This year our Mimosa trees have tons of flowers -- more so than other years. And each time it rains, the flowers are dropping off faster than they ever have. Parts of our yard are covered with pink "snow".

Trees_006.JPG

Trees_016.JPG

I grew all our Mimosa trees from seeds that I brought home from Oklahoma back in the early 60's.

I was told that they wouldn't grow well here in western PA -- HA -- they are doing just fine. We did have the oldest tree partially die one year when we had a very cold winter.

What kind of work do you do to go exciting places?

We love to travel and have a passion for photography. We try and go on one long trip each year. Last couple were Antarctica in 2010 and 2012, and Egypt&Jordan in 2010.

We moved recently from Seattle to San Diego and both places have plenty of opportunities to take interesting pictures.

I have been traveling a lot for work lately (Taipeh and Tel Aviv in June) and took some time off in Israel to tack on a mini vacation.

Tis week's picture was taken in Mira Mesa part of San Diego on my way to work. I always have my ZS19 in my brief case.

Great photos! Can I ask what kind of camera/lense - well - the set-up you used for these?

Sony a55 camera with 18-250mm lens, on tripod with wired remote release. Camera on manual, aperture between f8-f16, with shutter speeds between 4-15 seconds - using bulb mode, trying to time shot so I got complete bursts.

Archived