Carnival Price Increases

patz

I got a price drop yesterday (Senior rate) for my Jan. 26th cruise. Today they raised the price by $110.00 pp. My cruise for Jan. 18th went up today by $20.00 pp. I guess tomorrow we can expect a Carnival July 4th sale!!

My Sept Valor cruise that I have recieved numerous price drops on jumped $110 today per person!! I agree that there must be another sale coming, because the ship is NOT EVEN CLOSE to sold out. Like 80 insides available by my count.

I got a price drop yesterday (Senior rate) for my Jan. 26th cruise. Today they raised the price by $110.00 pp. My cruise for Jan. 18th went up today by $20.00 pp. I guess tomorrow we can expect a Carnival July 4th sale!!

Maybe, maybe not! That's why you need to jump on those price drops when you see 'em. I can find no logic in many of the price changes, so you just never know. My August cruise aboard "Paradise", has gone UP well over $100 since I booked it. I can only assume that the ship is getting full.

"SKY"

I had an ocean view and decided yesterday that i really wanted a balcony and called my pvp, he changed me to a balcony and i checked today and it's $230 more for an 8b whew i made just in time.

If there is a surge in sales on a sailing, the price will go up.

Supply/Demand

I book a cruise at a price I want to pay. If i get a price drop thats great

If the price goes up I even got a better deal

Agreed, we usually only book ES because it's the cheapest at the time and a price I'm willing to pay, we actually don't do it looking for OBCs or price drops because those are few and far between here on the west coast.

I've been watching the prices for months. They go up/down. No rhyme or reason to me. But I'm sure there is to them. When the price drops, put in for an adjustment and don't worry about the increases. You're already booked.

I think revenue management for ships is likely similar if not exactly the same as revenue management for hotels. A revenue manager looks at history of bookings for that paricular ship/week...also may look at what is going on in the embarkation port city that week..and probbaly a couple other factors to set the price.

Then, the price will fluctuate depending on sales.

I think revenue management for ships is likely similar if not exactly the same as revenue management for hotels. A revenue manager looks at history of bookings for that paricular ship/week...also may look at what is going on in the embarkation port city that week..and probbaly a couple other factors to set the price.

It's exactly like that. Carnival would like nothing better to get back a more stabilized way of selling. It will happen but not for a while yet.

Prices go up and down. I booked a cruise yesterday and the price went down $40. I get $44 in on board credit. Not bad. It will be the last price drop available because there is only one cabin in that category left. I think I lucked out. :cool:

I don't know how many times I have been told or received an email from Carnival reps stating " our ships are like a floating hotel".

I just can't think of any hotels where your not allowed to bring your own

Bourbon into your rented room . ;)

For years I didn't even know you could price match if your rate goes down! :rolleyes: So I would wait to book until I got a good rate.

It was only after joining CC that I got wise to being able to price match! Now I don't feel quite the pressure to book during a sale or wait for some precipitous drop in price. I can book ES when I'm comfortable and can afford it and then take advantage of any sales that come around.

I purchased Early Saver for my hubby and I sailing on March 30th out of New Orleans on the Sunshine. There was a price increase, but I'm still waiting for the price drop. I check each and every day, but nothing yet.

We chose ES over PG (same price) for the fact that we could get the price drops. So far we saved $110 before final payment.

Now our discount level has disappeared from the Booking Engine and are either back up to the original price or higher.

Waiting that our sale price appears again!

Archived