Those "Chocolate" "mints" - Cutback

sailor44

[quote name='ShakyBeef']I remember that thread! Ahhhhhh, those were the days. Good times, good times.:D[/quote]
And maybe..... you changed the whole concept (future tense looking ahead to past tense...I am getting confused again) of the return of [B][SIZE=4]REAL CHOCOLATE :)[/SIZE][/B]

[quote name='jimbo5544']Did there not used to be green mint "filling" in the center of the chocolates? No posts talk to this but I remember this from somewhere (might be a hotel).[/quote]

Well, then we must fix that problem and talk about that right now. I can't remember there ever being a green layer (you may be thinking of Andes mints) in the Carnival "chocolate" "mints". And according to my official scientific sample, there was not and is not a green layer.:cool: There, now there are some posts talking about this. Good look, man!;):D

[quote name='jimbo5544']And maybe..... you changed the whole concept (future tense looking ahead to past tense...I am getting confused again) of the return of [B][SIZE=4]REAL CHOCOLATE :)[/SIZE][/B][/quote]

Unlikely. A feat of that magnitude would be right up there with bringing the Lido Deck steel drum bands and the FCCs back, and would require a newer model flux capacitor than the one I am currently using.:(

[quote name='ShakyBeef']Unlikely. A feat of that magnitude would be right up there with bringing the Lido Deck steel drum bands and the FCCs back, and would require a newer model flux capacitor than the one I am currently using.:([/QUOTE]

Asrrggghhhh. You see, you have sucked me over to the dark side.

• 5 years later...

Hmmm... does anyone here remember when about five years ago ShakyBeef posted his very scientific survey to prove that the chocolate squares which Carnival put in our cabins had indeed changed from a minty chocolate with a firm texture to a mint-less artificial chocolate of a softer quality? That was such a high point in my life!

Princess still gives them to us and we take them home and nice to have while waiting for next cruise

Hi

I don't really see Carnival competing with Princess. I do see CCL competing with companies such as RCL and NCLH to maintain or grow market share as well as profits. From what I have seen over the years, they are doing a pretty good job. It is hard being No.1.

After all they give you to eat on a cruise, I find it hard to believe you are treasuring what amounts to a chocolate bar. :)

happy sailing

Hi

I don't really see Carnival competing with Princess. I do see CCL competing with companies such as RCL and NCLH to maintain or grow market share as well as profits. From what I have seen over the years, they are doing a pretty good job. It is hard being No.1.

After all they give you to eat on a cruise, I find it hard to believe you are treasuring what amounts to a chocolate bar. :)

happy sailing

Chocolates are certainly not why we have moved the vast majority of our cruising to Princess. They are a nice little touch.

Princess does sail to the Caribbean and pricing can be comparable so in limited circumstances they are competitive. Also new ships typically do a season in Europe but that might be coming to an end.

I brought some home from our last cruise October 2012, tossed them in the candy dish in the living room. They're still there 9 months later :rolleyes:. Maybe I should have given them out at halloween :D.

Unwrap one and throw it outside. If the ants stay away, then throw the rest away.

Edit: Now I see the date on this thread! I wonder if the poster I quoted still has them?

..... There's no law that says you have to eat it. Throw it in a drawer, in the trash, or give it to someone else. There's no policy against bringing your own chocolate on board.

(y)(y)

If this isn't a "1st World Problem" ..... 9 pages of comments and over 9,000 views over a bite size piece of candy left on your pillow while millions of people go to bed hungry :confused:

Chocolates are certainly not why we have moved the vast majority of our cruising to Princess. They are a nice little touch.

Princess does sail to the Caribbean and pricing can be comparable so in limited circumstances they are competitive. Also new ships typically do a season in Europe but that might be coming to an end.

Hi

Exactly. It's a nice touch. It works for you and many others.

Well thought out by Carnival.

Five years later and competing cruise lines still provide the chocolates.

Oh, the humanity of it all...... nobody liked them when they were there, I doubt people are really jumping to Princess due to this.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oh, the humanity of it all...... nobody liked them when they were there, I doubt people are really jumping to Princess due to this.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Nobody?

Certainly not the reason we jumped to Princess but it is a nice little touch to come back to the cabin late at night and see a small piece of chocolate waiting for us.

Nobody?

Certainly not the reason we jumped to Princess but it is a nice little touch to come back to the cabin late at night and see a small piece of chocolate waiting for us.

If I had my input into little things' date=' these would not be on the list. Towel animas are still a much better accent to the end of a cruising day in my book.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums