29 night Seattle to New Orleans 14th Sept 2013

Any Aussies going on this cruise. Garry and Jenny started a thread on NCL roll call but didn't get any interest so I thought I would try on this thread. We leave here on the 12th and have two nights in Seattle, then the wonderful cruise - ticking two boxes - Alaska and the Panama Canal. We then have a couple of nights in New Orleans before flying to Las Vegas for a couple more nights before flying home. We are very excited about this trip and would like to hear from anyone else doing the cruise too.

Roll Call so far

Aussie Cruiser13 - Garry and Jenny - Newcastle NSW

Bongaree - Richard and Janet - Bribie Island Qld

Traveller61 - Alex and Jenny - Perth WA

Cheers

Janet

Hi Janet, sounds like a great trip.

I am wondering about the flight(s) to Seattle & a hotel there. We are planning an Alaska trip for Aug 2014, with perhaps then B2B cruises back to Sydney via Hawaii on Rhapsody/Radiance OTS or Solstice.

What sort of price did you get for flight to Seattle and who with? And what about a hotel deal in Seattle?

Appreciate any input.

Thanks,

Neil

Hi Janet, sounds like a great trip.

I am wondering about the flight(s) to Seattle & a hotel there. We are planning an Alaska trip for Aug 2014, with perhaps then B2B cruises back to Sydney via Hawaii on Rhapsody/Radiance OTS or Solstice.

What sort of price did you get for flight to Seattle and who with? And what about a hotel deal in Seattle?

Appreciate any input.

Thanks,

Neil

Hi Neil

We booked the whole tour as a package with an Australian internet agency. Flights, transfers, hotels and cruise all in a package. There are a couple of agencies that do it.

All the best - hope you get to have your trip.

Janet

• 2 weeks later...

This sounds like a great adventure. I might have to look into it. No only kidding we will have a special puppy to look after. I'll just have to look at the photos, especially Dad's face during the helicopter ride lol.

Hello Janet,

I'm not going on this cruise, but Seattle is a beautiful city.

I hope that the skies will be clear so that you may see Mt. Rainier from the city.

Also, look for Orcas as you sail out through Puget Sound.

Enjoy your cruise.

:) Jill from California

Just wandering off topic a bit , but a story worth telling for any Australians/NZers planning an Alaskan cruise.

Friends booked one and their TA organised it all for them and what a mess. They got cheap prices but ended up flying rtn to LA then up to Vancouver for a cruise that left Seattle. To cut a long story short they ended up crossing the US/Canada border about 6 times and when they reported in at LA for their return flight home got a real grilling from officials. They were told later that their profile fitted that of drug runners.:eek:

Just something to bear in mind....sometimes a direct flight may cost a bit more , but will save a lot of hassle.:)

This sounds like a great adventure. I might have to look into it. No only kidding we will have a special puppy to look after. I'll just have to look at the photos, especially Dad's face during the helicopter ride lol.

We would love to cruise with you wattle. I'm sure the special puppy (also known as "the wonder dog" will have a wonderful adventure too. We will have lots of photos to bore you with.

Archived