B3 or not B3 thats the ?

Acrusa

We are booked into an A3 concierge level stateroom for our cruise this Feb 2014 on Marina.Just noticed we are only entitled to 4 night pre booked reservations for the specialty restaurants.Same as in the B3 Veranda stateroom.

On our past 5 cruises with O we where able to make 2 night res. per restaurant.

The difference between these two cabins is $800. 00 less for the B3

Also the fact that you can book 60 days in advance with A3 as opposed to 45 days before with B3,has anyone found that they had a problem booking on Marina 45 days out as opposed to 60?

No we did not have a problem booking 60 days ahead. I ended up phoning Oceania to do the bookings as they could tell me which restaurants were available on what night and at what times. Interestingly on our February cruise, it was the early sittings that went first rather than the later ones. Also, if you phone, you do not have to deal with computer down time which when making dinner reservations, I have always had problems with Oceania's website.

I have not been on the Marina, but have never had trouble booking 45 days out on Riviera and on R class ships. Furthermore, I have always been able to get our first choice dates and times~6:30 at a table for two. I hope I haven't just jinxed that::D

Harriet

If it is $800 per person difference, I would book B3.

Concierge level has few amenities that interest us (YMMV) and the cabins are the same - so we have never booked that category. If I want to splurge on the Marina (like on TA), we book the PH where the difference in cabins is significant (and you can dine in your suite from the specialty restaurants).

I don't think you should have much trouble booking reservations 45 days out.

On our last Rivera trip we started in an ocean view cabin which has the 45 day limit. I had no problem booking my 4 reservations. We ate early and alone. Just before sailing I took an upsell of 200pp for an A1 cabin on deck ten. Cabin was in a great location however we really did not use the perks that came with it too much. We drank the bottle of champagne, used the private spa deck once. Tried other times but it was VERY windy when ship was moving and VERY hot in port. Used the concierge in the lobby as I found her to be very friendly and eager to talk/help. Never went to the private lounge. Used 2 of the 4 free cloths pressing tickets. For us the location and veranda were great for 200$, for the listed price not so.

We are booked into an A3 concierge level stateroom for our cruise this Feb 2014 on Marina.Just noticed we are only entitled to 4 night pre booked reservations for the specialty restaurants.Same as in the B3 Veranda stateroom.

On our past 5 cruises with O we where able to make 2 night res. per restaurant.

The difference between these two cabins is $800. 00 less for the B3

Also the fact that you can book 60 days in advance with A3 as opposed to 45 days before with B3,has anyone found that they had a problem booking on Marina 45 days out as opposed to 60?

Was the 2 night reservation per restaurant because of your cabin or because you were on longer cruises? It would make sense that on a longer cruise they can cycle everyone through each restaurant at least twice.

If it is $800 per person difference, I would book B3.

Concierge level has few amenities that interest us (YMMV) and the cabins are the same - so we have never booked that category. If I want to splurge on the Marina (like on TA), we book the PH where the difference in cabins is significant (and you can dine in your suite from the specialty restaurants).

I don't think you should have much trouble booking reservations 45 days out.

It's $400.00 PP.total $800.00 per cabin.On the R class ships we always took conciege level for the extra night reservations., and the fact that we could board early to unpack. On this cruise boarding is at 5: Pm for everyone from OS to Inside cabin.First come first served.The bottle of champagne ,we always exchanged for a bottle of the ships wine at dinner.We never eat dinner in our stateroom, only have coffee and juice and danish in our stateroom for breakfast every morning.

I'm confused--I thought you only got extra specialty dining reservations if you were in the named suites, not PH's or concierge. Am I wrong?

In short you are wrong, but only because:

A) on longer cruises all cabins are guaranteed more Specialty Reservations than normal.

B) Because the larger ships literally have twice as many Specialty Restaurants, two reservations for each restaurant on the smaller ships translates into one reservation per restaurant on Marina and Riviera.

Therefore, it was possible to grant Concierge and Penthouse clients Reservation advantages on the R ships, that those same cabins on the larger ships don't have.

If you get a B#3 you can get one of the monster verandas that are way larger than others including penthouse! For me, the ADDED space and comfort more than compensates .

I agree on the concierge cabin as stuff that sounds good but in reality produces little advantage as it is the same std veranda with a better name. On regent we had a butler and and except dining in once and a few breakfasts and an emergency crème brule order found little value on a 30 day cruise.

Jim/Stan... if you are on say a 33 day cruise, comprised of a 17 and a 16 day segments would it be fair to conclude you then get 2 reservations and each of the 4 speciality for the cruise?

Archived