Do you have to check your luggage.

I've gotten different answers on this, so I thought I would check specifically on the RC page. We are going on our first cruise - but just 3 nights - so won't have much in the way of luggage. Do we have to check it - or can we bring it to the cabin ourselves.

If it's carry-on size, you should be able to bring it yourself. If it's too big for an airport sized screener, I'm pretty sure you'll have to check it. Everything gets screened...

And, you'll have to keep it with you until the cabins are ready.

We always roll on/roll off on 3-night cruises. But then we don't do formal anything on those, and rarely ever eat in the MDR, so we pack very casual, and very light.:) Two small suitcases, and a diddy bag is about all we need.

OK thanks. I guess we will check it. Being it's our first cruise, we will be there as soon as we can board.

I need a "Cruising for Dummies" book :).

:D No you don't! You have us!

I still learn new things on CC all of the time and I've been cruising for :o 51 years.

LuLu

~~~~

OK thanks. I guess we will check it. Being it's our first cruise, we will be there as soon as we can board.

I need a "Cruising for Dummies" book :).

:D No you don't! You have us!

I still learn new things on CC all of the time and I've been cruising for :o 51 years.

LuLu

~~~~

If you are a sun/pool person, consider having your bathing suit with you so you can take advantage of the pool deck before your luggage arrives (never know how long that may take).

when we do carryon only, we always take our luggage with us. it's not that big of a deal to keep it until 1:00pm. that way we have our luggage when we first check in instead of waiting for it to be delivered.

Ditto!! It's no big deal at all! By the time you finish lunch in the Windjammer it's usually 12:30 or so...just find a quiet bar or a seat by the pool...grab another umbrella drink & relax...in 30 mins or so your room will be open & you can unpack..stow your gear & be ready to explore...now if it were a 7 nt or longer with big bulky suitcases it would be a little more akward...but you can do 3nts in a small rolling suitcase easy!:D

If you are a sun/pool person, consider having your bathing suit with you so you can take advantage of the pool deck before your luggage arrives (never know how long that may take).

I'm always amazed by the number of passengers who arrive at the terminal with their bathing suits on under their clothes:eek:

We almost always do carry-ons only. It really isn't a big deal to keep track of your bags until your cabin is ready. Once on board we head right up to lunch in the Windjammer and by the time we are done, the room is ready.

Archived