Car rental through Alamo in Miami

Classy1

Hi, Just wondering if anyone has used Alamo car rental after their cruise. I have booked a car for pick up at Downtown Intercontinental rather than Miami airport. Having booked it through alamo.co.uk Im a little worried 1) the place doesnt exist, 2) we will get charged extra once we get there even though we have fully inclusive insurance+ad drivers. I know we will have to pay for a taxi to get us there. My other option is changing it to either miami airport or South Beach Collins Ave and booking through Virgin atlantic. Any thoughts as time is ever drawing closer :)

Alamo is a fine, reputable US car rental company (they are actually paired with National car rental now). You do not have to take any of the options they will try to sell you, no mandatory insurance and the like. It seems like you are willing to pick up the car from several different spots. In that case, I would check out what the price would be for the same rental from all of those spots back to the same return location (the airport, I assume). Sometimes, the price can change up or down - airport pickup fees, local pickup fees... With some of the airport fees rental companies charge, you may save up to $25 for not using the airport location.

Archived