Cabin L107 with huge balcony on Royal Princess

najones58

Nope, not true...I have stayed in suites on two different ships and didn't have a glassed in shower or separate tub. The pics of the mini look exactly like a regular suite. I am really surprised it's called a mini.

You may have on other ships. However, on the Royal, the suite description specifically states a separate shower and tub.

No. When we booked, the agent could not confirm the sofa as a pull out. We didn't mind, as the pull outs are usually less comfortable anyway as beds. The mini suite usually has a pull out, but this layout does not have the space to allow one, so its only a 5 foot wide sofa. They will bring in a rollaway for a 3rd guest. The size of the balcony is really the selling point. M107 below, has an even larger balcony as the balcony extends over the bridge wing, but has less privacy than L107

Thanks for the info. I have a four year daughter (only 3 1/2 foot tall). Do you think a rollaway is necessary for her or will the sofa (as it is) suffice? Thanks.

I was on the Royal Maiden Med cruise. Even though the beds were brand new and comfortable, I found the sofa even more comfortable. I am a larger lady and the sofa was plenty big (I was in R328 - Mini).

I had to laugh that for the price I paid I ended up on the sofa....I was as happy as can be.

• 2 weeks later...
I booked L107 and M107 on the Royal Princess for a trip to the Carribean April 20,2014. I booked these rooms with trepidation because they were so far forward.I also knew they were huge rooms with exremely large balconies. After reading early reviews I thought these were going to be great rooms. Imagine my surprise when I received an email from princess saying we were upgraded. Well my upgrade was M210 and 214. I called princess and told them I wanted my original rooms and the rep told me that L107 could not accommodate 3 people. It is a huge room and I really doubt that this is true. My daughter will be 12 on this cruise so I do not know if they did not want a child in this room or what. I have had to settle for 2 minisuites B415 and 417 which cost a whole lot more money in the first place but I thought I had booked 2 great rooms to begin with and I thought reading the reviews on this forum I probably knew more about this ship than the princess reps. This whole incident was very disappointing. I am a planner and do things like this way in advance. I wanted to share what happened.

We have M108 booked for Feb, Caribbean cruise and after reading your post - will make sure our TA has flagged it as no upgrade (which is our standard procedure when we pick a specific cabin - but will double check.)

Will be interested in what you find out about the differences between L107 and M107 - since they have slightly different configurations - especially on the balconies.

For example - can we use the side balcony on M. deck given it looks to have a partition in the deck plans - not evident on L. deck corner cabins.

Also how they are during sea days. I know a lot has to do with the winds that day - but very interested to hear from others.

I have also booked L108 for the Baltics in June next year. Having read this post I will be phoning Princess first thing tomorrow to make sure I am marked as no upgrade. The Lido cabins are much larger inside but the Marina cabins have an enormous balcony. There are photos available for both. Thanks for the information. Anne

So glad you got your cabins back!!

A princess rep tried to tell me that the cabin I booked and they upgraded me from was the worst cabins and area to cruise on the ship - LOL I don't think he had cruised before. I got my original area back and a better cabin that I originally wanted and was sold when I booked... :D

• 2 months later...
We just got back. They are trying to put Elite members in L107 as an upgrade. They tried that on us, and we refused. Seems they emailed us after we left home, but we didn't find out till our check in. Luckily we were early enough to raise a fuss and even thought the ship was sold out, we got put back in L107 before the Super Elite member showed up (and they were pissed not to get the cabin-I bumped into them outside our door). Be sure you tell them to include on your file "No Upgrade" (which I had done on booking). The room fits a rollaway so 2 adults and one teen are good for the room.

I have just checked my booking for L108 in June 2014 and now my booking is showing that a cabin is yet to be assigned. I have my previous confirmation showing L108 so will be calling Princess first thing in the morning to see about getting my cabin back. Not only do they appear to have removed my original booking but haven't even allocated a new cabin to me! The reason I book so far in advance is that I like to select the cabin that I want for that cruise. Has anyone else had issues recently with these cabins being reallocated after booking? Anne

I booked an aft owners suite for Christmas the first day and then last fall I looked at my personalizer and noticed that I had a different cabin number. Can't remember if I called my TA or Princess and asked what was going on. No one knew anything about it. I did get my cabin back. Thank goodness that I checked since they sold out early. Then shortly after that my TA called and said Princess called and wondered if I would switch cabins. It was to another suite on the Emerald deck and I said NO WAY since it was right above the Vista Lounge. They were offering a very healthy OBC for us. Wonder who was paying for the OBC - the people wanting my cabin or Princess?

I have just checked my booking for L108 in June 2014 and now my booking is showing that a cabin is yet to be assigned. I have my previous confirmation showing L108 so will be calling Princess first thing in the morning to see about getting my cabin back. Not only do they appear to have removed my original booking but haven't even allocated a new cabin to me! The reason I book so far in advance is that I like to select the cabin that I want for that cruise. Has anyone else had issues recently with these cabins being reallocated after booking? Anne

Hmmmm...I wonder if this is in any way connected with the deckplans now showing two different dates? Sounds like they are going to recategorize these cabins...

Hmmmm...I wonder if this is in any way connected with the deckplans now showing two different dates? Sounds like they are going to recategorize these cabins...

I noticed that also this morning.

It said "Are you sailing before or after October 29th and when I put "after" I couldn't get a deck plan to come up AT ALL !!!

I thought the website was just having problems but what you say makes a lot of sense!

My panic is over! When I checked my booking this morning I still have L108 although now it is classified as M6 rather than MF. They were obviously reconfiguring the cabins over the weekend hence I couldn't see this in my booking. I am really pleased with this result. You still can't see the revised deckplans on the Princess website. Anne

• 6 months later...

Hey I am doing the Scandinavia royal princess cruise in June.....we have booked a DE cabin r106 which is described as a DE cabin 233-303 sq ft on the Princess site. Is this cabin bigger than the standard DE cabins?

Thank you for all your help

Niki

• 10 months later...
I booked L107 and M107 on the Royal Princess for a trip to the Carribean April 20,2014. I booked these rooms with trepidation because they were so far forward.I also knew they were huge rooms with exremely large balconies. After reading early reviews I thought these were going to be great rooms. Imagine my surprise when I received an email from princess saying we were upgraded. Well my upgrade was M210 and 214. I called princess and told them I wanted my original rooms and the rep told me that L107 could not accommodate 3 people. It is a huge room and I really doubt that this is true. My daughter will be 12 on this cruise so I do not know if they did not want a child in this room or what. I have had to settle for 2 minisuites B415 and 417 which cost a whole lot more money in the first place but I thought I had booked 2 great rooms to begin with and I thought reading the reviews on this forum I probably knew more about this ship than the princess reps. This whole incident was very disappointing. I am a planner and do things like this way in advance. I wanted to share what happened.

I just booked a southern carib cruise for next year and booked cabin b415.

How was your cabin?

We were in B417 which was a really nice mini suite with a larger balcony. We had family in B415 which I think was the same but I cannot totally remember. Have fun on your trip. I would go on the Royal or Regal again in 30 seconds or less. I adore cruising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk