Taking a Minor who is not mine.....

Good morning CC friends... TGIF

A question...

I am taking a minor in October who is not mine...

I will have :

Her ID

A certified BC showing both parents names...

A Notarized letter from the parents allowing me to travel with her ( and take her out of the country )

A medical release allowing me to authorize medical treatment if needed..

Her passport.

( I know she doesn't NEED both the BC and passport but I am trying to be safe )

Am I missing anything?

Thanks !

Christine

A question...

I will have :

Her ID

A Notarized letter from the parents allowing me to travel with her ( and take her out of the country )

Her passport.

Am I missing anything?

Thanks !

Christine

I think you got it covered!! Enjoy your planning!!

I think you have it covered. I've taken a child that was not mine a couple of times. The only thing I was ever asked for was her birth cert. I always have letters from both parents, but they have never asked for them.

better than them asking for it and me not having it. LOL Have a fun trip

A question...

I will have :

Her ID

Her passport.

Am I missing anything?

Thanks !

Christine

I think that should do it! The only thing I would add would be to include the cruise dates, ports and ship in the letter if it is not already there...that is what I did for my daughter! The more info the better!

Sent using Cruise Critic App

Looks like you have everything. We have taken minor children with us before that were not ours and have always gotten a notarized letter in addition to a passport. We have never been asked for the letter, but better safe than sorry. Happy cruising.

Thanks for asking the questions I was going to ask soon as my daughter befriended someone on our last cruise which she would like to come with us in dec. for another cruise. I am a bit nervous about this but I am one that will do lots of research and make sure all my eggs are in the correct basket....If anyone has any more experience on this please do add...thanks

L

I am bringing children under 18yrs old, 2 are mine and 2 are friends and we booked 2 rooms ... I was told we could go to customer service and they would switch out the key cards if we decided to have all kids in 1 room and all adults in the other room !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, how does it work if the two minor children want to share a separate room. I know you have to book one with each adult in a room but what happens with the key cards? Thanks

Minors don't have to have an adult booked in the room if they are travelling with their parents. Carnival FAQ's will be helpful to you re this subject and its restrictions. No need to do the key card exchange thing upon boarding.

As a parent, one thing I would do would be to arrange a meeting with the child's parents. Have their child and yours present as well. Before the meeting make a check-list of everything that you want to cover. I would discuss the following things, just to make sure that everyone is in agreement and on the same page. I do not know how old the other child is, so some of this may not apply.

* Make sure the other parents are in agreement that their child will be in a separate cabin.

* Are you planning on signing the kids up for Camp Carvinal ? Will they be permitted to sign themselves out? Is this ok ?

* Will you be setting a curfew for the kids ? If so what time?

* Go over ship rules such as, common courtesy issues of not making excessive noise in the cabin, hallways etc..... Elevator etiquette, etc...

* Will the kids be getting soda cards? Who will be paying for what?

Will the kids be participating in Build-A-Bear or any other pay type activites and decide on who will pay.

* Go over any diet or allergy info with the other parents. Make sure this is crystal clear so there are no surprises.

* Make sure the other parents have the Carnival emergency phone # for contacting the ship.

* Will the other child have a cell phone and/or be using it? Make sure the parents understand the $$ when using it onboard or in non-US ports.

These are just a few things that come to mind. But I would make sure everyone, including the kiddos all agree on the rules. Everyone parents differently so it is better to make your rules clear to all before hand. Also getting the who-pays-for-what out of the way will eliminate any misunderstandings.

When my kids were younger, we used to bring their friends along with us camping at DisneyWorld. We would never take another child unless we had the parent/child meeting before we left. It will surprise you how different expectations may be. Little Johnnie's parents may let him roam free till late night but you may have different ideas on what is permitted and what is not. If the parent's and child cannot agree, then better to find out now.

Good luck and have fun!

:)

Also, how does it work if the two minor children want to share a separate room. I know you have to book one with each adult in a room but what happens with the key cards? Thanks

I just had this conversation with my PVP. He advised that the only way for the kids to have their own room (with matching S&S cards) is for their room to be either directly accross or adjacent to ours.

He said that if the rooms are not next to each other an adult has to remain assigned to each room. :(

Per Carnival's FAQs (I just typed minor in the search box).

How old do you have to be to travel alone? (Traveling with minors)

Carnival's policy regarding guests traveling alone or traveling with minors:

Guests are required to be 21 years old (on embarkation day) to travel. Guests under the age of 21 must be accompanied in the same stateroom by a parent or guardian 25 or older. The exceptions Carnival will make to this policy are:

Guests Under the Age of 21 Traveling with Parents / Grandparents

Guests under the age of 13

• Minors can be booked in separate staterooms, only if booked next door or directly across the hall from the Parents/Grandparents stateroom.

Note: Minors 13 and under may only be booked in a balcony stateroom with the Parents/Grandparents"; this also applies to connecting staterooms.

Guests 13 - 17 years of age

• Minors can be booked in separate staterooms, by up to 3 staterooms in between the minor stateroom and the Parents/Grandparents stateroom.

Note: Minors age 13 may only be booked in a balcony stateroom with the Parents/Grandparents; this also applies to connecting staterooms.

Guests 18 years of age and older

• Minors are 18 and older not required to be booked within close proximity nor on the same deck as the Parents/Grandparents. However, we will place you as close together as possible.

I've taken my young niece on cruises several times (maybe 3 times) without both of her parents and was never asked for anything, not even her BC :eek:

Of course I always brought it with me along with a notarized letter from both her parents each time. Neither one was ever looked at. Ok maybe once thru customs, but I remember the first time I took her customs didn't even ask to see her BC. I think they did the next time I took her. Very weird and a little unsafe if you ask me. She was ages 6, 7 and 9.

What if we are not the parent of one of the kids who is 19?

Guests Under the Age of 21 NOT Traveling with Parents / Grandparents

The minor must travel with a guardian 25 years of age or older in the same stateroom. The exceptions Carnival will make to this policy are:

• Legally married couples and same gender union couples less than 21 years of age must provide Carnival with legal proof of marriage/civil union at least two weeks prior to sailing.

• Documentation can be e-mailed to individualsailingsupport@carnival.com or faxed to 305-406-6479.

• For those guests whose marriage/civil union will not take place until closer to the sailing date, they must bring proof of their marriage/civil union to embarkation. Failure to do so will result in denied boarding and no refund.

• Documentation: marriage license issued by the County Clerk’s Office; legal proof of civil union; for newly married couples: a copy of the marriage license application signed by the official that performed the ceremony.

What if we are not the parent of one of the kids who is 19?

in cruiselines "eyes" the 19 year old is still a minor and you will be responsible.

anyone sailing under the age of 21 needs to be represented by a person age 25 or over

Archived