Polo Grill /Tuscana questions

Host Sharon

My friend and I are sailing on Nautica in August - our first time with Oceania. We, well I anyway, want to try the Polo Grill and Tuscana - should we book online before we travel - or is it safe to wait until we are on board and find out what is on which evening ?

As neepawa replied the prevailing consensus is to book online as soon as possible. That way you will have the best chance at getting your preferred days/times/table size.

Because now many people book online as soon as possible you may find your choices are already somewhat limited but it depends on your preferences and the idiosyncrasies of that particular sailing.

Often very early and very late bookings are the most available. As well if you choose to join a table versus booking a table for two you will have many more choices available to you.

It seems that many people are booking in advance and then when they get on board might change them if something else is available once they get settled in and have a better idea what they want and when they want. That said it is not dissimilar to the phantom bookings made for cabins in that some timeslots will be booked online in advance without the intention of necessarily keeping them. But being as that is the way it's played you may as well join in.

You may have read on other threads about getting additional seatings in the specialty restaurants. Whether you are able to or not is very dependent on the passenger makeup of that particular sailing; sometimes early is in demand, sometimes late, sometimes there is a rush near the end of the cruise to get additional seatings, sometimes there can be available near the end of the cruise because people are canceling for other options such as the joining others in Terrace. All you can do is ask.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks everyone. I'll take a look right now. We would be more than happy to join a large table so hopefully there will be some availability left.

... so hopefully there will be some availability left.

Just to clarify, you WILL get seatings as everyone is guaranteed one in each venue (higher categories get more). They hold back some availability for those who do not book on-line but prefer to book once on-board (and perhaps for requests by highest suites) but again it is a first-in-line arrangement. So if your preferences are not available on-line book the best choices for you and do check once on board about switching.

Ok, first choices of table size and dates were available so I've booked, especially as I know the ship is full. I just hope my friend agrees with my choices since she is currently on Crown Princess somewhere north of the Arctic Circle! Really looking forward to this cruise.

Ok, first choices of table size and dates were available so I've booked, especially as I know the ship is full. I just hope my friend agrees with my choices since she is currently on Crown Princess somewhere north of the Arctic Circle! Really looking forward to this cruise.

You can change it online up to 7 days prior to cruise date but the times may be limitied ;)

enjoy

Lyn

Archived