Laundry on Solstice?

2910car

We are going on a 12 day Solstice Australia New Zealand cruise after a 12 day tour of Australia and would like to be able to get laundry done on the first day of the cruise so we don't have to bring too much luggage. Does anyone know if they offer laundry by the bag or something similar we could use the first day?

I wouldn't count on the first day. You'll certainly be able to give your room steward laundry when you receive your luggage, and receive it back the following day or the day after (check which would count as "rush" for pricing), but it will be by the piece. The bag specials usually don't start until a few days in to the cruise, probably after they see how busy they are without a bag special.

The last two cruises I was on, we never received a bag special at all. I think the lack of bag specials is particularly true when there are a lot of people with frequent cruiser laundry coupons.

We are going on a 12 day Solstice Australia New Zealand cruise after a 12 day tour of Australia and would like to be able to get laundry done on the first day of the cruise so we don't have to bring too much luggage. Does anyone know if they offer laundry by the bag or something similar we could use the first day?

Any possibility you could do laundry before boarding? We spent three days pre-cruise in Fort Lauderdale and were lucky to have a hotel with laundry facilities, so we boarded with clean clothes. . .

If you are Select you qualify for $20 fill the bag laundry. If you are Elite, you get a freebee.

If you are Select you qualify for $20 fill the bag laundry. If you are Elite, you get a freebee.

We used our free laundry coupons last week on Solstice to get laundry done for my boys. Just FYI... when the clean laundry is returned, the folding leaves a lot to be desired. Khaki pants for example, were folded in such a way as to leave big creases/wrinkles where creases normally wouldn't be. It was kids stuff, so I didn't really care, just be aware that when they do laundry it is strictly wash/dry/"fold", so don't expect anything to come back pressed or even folded neatly. And if something is inside out when you send it out, it will still be inside out when returned. ;)

We used our free laundry coupons last week on Solstice to get laundry done for my boys. Just FYI... when the clean laundry is returned, the folding leaves a lot to be desired. Khaki pants for example, were folded in such a way as to leave big creases/wrinkles where creases normally wouldn't be. It was kids stuff, so I didn't really care, just be aware that when they do laundry it is strictly wash/dry/"fold", so don't expect anything to come back pressed or even folded neatly. And if something is inside out when you send it out, it will still be inside out when returned. ;)

We had no problems with the Solstice laundry.

I agree that you should find laundry before boarding the ship. Not only is it costly to do onboard (unless you have the coupon) but as stated above - they wash, dry, fold. The one time I sent clothes out - well lets just say that I was expecting that they would fold the clothes right from the dryer - wrong. The clothes were so wrinkled as to be un-wearable. A total waste of money as there is no iron available to guests. It is the one thing (besides the singing waiters) that Carnival does right - self serve laundry.

Archived