Pictures of Queen Mary 2 sailing under the Verrazano Bridge 7.6.13

bradpole

Pics of Queen Mary 2 sailing under the Verrazano Bridge

Good morning!

I was in the New York area yesterday and paid a visit to Ft. Waddsworth on Staten Island to watch Explorer of the Seas and Queen Mary 2 depart and sail under the Verrazano Bridge. For those who don’t know QM2 departed on her 200th Atlantic Crossing yesterday. (Norwegian Gem was also in New York for turn around, although not the focus of my camera, she was a bonus)

Here are a couple from a beautiful (although HOT) day! For additional photos please visit my gallery at

http://www.polerez.com/cruisephotos/index.php/QM2-ExOTS-NCL-Gem

Enjoy the photos!

DSC_9721.jpg?m=1373165309

DSC_9743.jpg?m=1373165324

DSC_9756.jpg?m=1373165330

DSC_9738.jpg?m=1373165321

DSC_9695.jpg?m=1373165293

DSC_9693.jpg?m=1373165290

Good morning!

I was in the New York area yesterday and paid a visit to Ft. Waddsworth on Staten Island to watch Explorer of the Seas and Queen Mary 2 depart and sail under the Verrazano Bridge. For those who don’t know QM2 departed on her 200th Atlantic Crossing yesterday. (Norwegian Gem was also in New York for turn around, although not the focus of my camera, she was a bonus)

Here are a couple from a beautiful (although HOT) day! For additional photos please visit my gallery at

http://www.polerez.com/cruisephotos/index.php/QM2-ExOTS-NCL-Gem

Enjoy the photos!

DSC_9721.jpg?m=1373165309

DSC_9756.jpg?m=1373165330

DSC_9738.jpg?m=1373165321

DSC_9695.jpg?m=1373165293

DSC_9693.jpg?m=1373165290

Excellent pictures and the ship in the last image gives the impression of clearing it by a minimal distance!

Excellent pictures and the ship in the last image gives the impression of clearing it by a minimal distance!

Just a few feet. EX is taller then the QM2. Fun to stand on the forward top deck as it shoots at top speed under the bridge.

Thanks for the photos, the one above is my favourite. It's hard to understand, when viewing pictures like the above, that some people can't (or won't) see the uniqueness of this ship.

Does QM2 really have to go at full speed to fit under the bridge?

Naw, she just tries to avoid the $15 toll charge :D

P.S. Full speed for QM2 is 32 knots...would love to see that again! But I don't think it would happen in the NY Harbor anytime soon.

Thanks for the photos, the one above is my favourite. It's hard to understand, when viewing pictures like the above, that some people can't (or won't) see the uniqueness of this ship.

Agreed, well said.

QM2 can't be mistaken for any other ship :) .

All those seemingly identical white boxes... "of the seas" etc... Many of them the ugliest things ever created by man (such as Norwegian Epic :eek: , many others).

In most cases you'd have to read the name on the bow to know what ship you're looking at.

Above them all; Queen Mary 2... :)

Agreed, well said.

QM2 can't be mistaken for any other ship :) .

All those seemingly identical white boxes... "of the seas" etc... Many of them the ugliest things ever created by man (such as Norwegian Epic :eek: , many others).

In most cases you'd have to read the name on the bow to know what ship you're looking at.

Above them all; Queen Mary 2... :)

You are absolutely right on the identical hotel boxes made at a cookie cutter Italian Ship Yard. I think all the Vista class ships including QE and QV look alike except for a few cosmetic outside changes each line does to them. Paint it a different color, add a different funnel and Voila you get a new ship called ?? I know they all do different restaurants now inside and a few different rock walls or slides or overlooks but they really are the same hull.

I just think how much better the storms felt in the QM2 vrs QV on the way to Hawaii and back. QM2 was way better. That bang and thrum that QV sets about making when it hits a minor wave is disturbing. I wonder if all the Vista class do this??

Archived