Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

Just booked Norwegian Getaway! I sail 4/11/15. Will be my 2nd cruise, 1st Solo. Kinda nervous, yet excited for some relaxation time away from work! Kinda last minute as booking a couple weeks earlier than planned was quite cheaper!

Edited by smileycruiser88

You'll have a great time smileycruiser88! Sailing tomorrow on the Fascination for the 4th time solo and each time it has been better! Love the flexibility to do what I want when I want or choosing to just do nothing but watch the world go by. Enjoy!

Booked a Jan. 2016 cruise to Key West and Cozumel (RCL Brilliance of the Seas). It will be my 7th cruise (two were with singles groups, the others were solo). I'm really excited because this will be my first balcony cabin! Of course I realize it will be very hard to go back to an inside after this.

Booked a norwegian coastal cruise on Hurtigruten Midnatsol for Mar 2, 2016! Can't wait. I've been considering this for several years and finally booked! I know it's not like a mainstream cruise but that's what's appeals to me... Standing on the deck, all bundled up looking for the northern lights! How cool is that!!! Plan on spending a few days in Bergen or Oslo prior to my cruise.

Booked a norwegian coastal cruise on Hurtigruten Midnatsol for Mar 2, 2016! Can't wait. I've been considering this for several years and finally booked! I know it's not like a mainstream cruise but that's what's appeals to me... Standing on the deck, all bundled up looking for the northern lights! How cool is that!!! Plan on spending a few days in Bergen or Oslo prior to my cruise.

You whimsical, wild woman!!!!! You don't ever need to make excuses for the side of you that speaks "adventure!" It sounds gloriously wonderful!!

Just booked Norwegian Getaway! I sail 4/11/15. Will be my 2nd cruise, 1st Solo. Kinda nervous, yet excited for some relaxation time away from work! Kinda last minute as booking a couple weeks earlier than planned was quite cheaper!

Have a great time Smiley. No need to be nervous. Once you step on board all your fears will disappear.

I'm on RC Brilliance leaving the same day from Tampa. My 3rd solo trip and it can't come soon enough.:)

Hi all,

After reading all the posting from solo travelers I am so glad I decided to give it a chance.

After ending a long relationship a few months ago(turns out it was for the best and we even still occasionally talk) I was afraid I would never have another cruise companion. Then it hit me,, I AM MY OWN COMPANION. I have a trip booked for Jan and April of 2015 which i'm very excited for. Although it will be different and i'll have to definately work on my 'reaching out to others' skills,(I tend to be rather introverted) I'm anticipating a whole new way of experiencing cruising.

It really does feel liberating to know i'm doing something I want to do with just myself, and how things turn out is squarely on my shoulders :D

Patty

Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd come back and give an update about my cruising solo experiences.

After a spur of the moment Christmas cruise and the cruise in Jan of this year I've discovered I love cruising solo.

Now I understand what all the seasoned solo's before me mean when they talk about freedom.

I've done what I want, when I want, where I want, or done nothing at all and it has been fabulous.

I joined the roll call for my upcoming cruise next week and have an excursion planned one day with some very friendly ladies. I'm also meeting another solo cruiser for dinner the night before we leave in Tampa and we're planning on meeting for a sailaway drink on board.

I've also planned out some excursions by myself and which specialty restaurants I want to try. Maybe i'll have dinner company, maybe not, but I've discovered it really won't matter either way. I now know how much I love the whole experience and will keep on cruising solo if I want to go and can't get anyone to come with me.

Happy sailing everyone :)

I was on the Getaway last February. It's a great ship for Solo cruisers. Be sure to attend the Solo Get-together in evening (even if you're not in a Studio) and you will meet people you can dine with and do other things with (if you wish).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

April 25'15 NCL Getaway - Singles Group

Anyone going on tis sailing? There will be a singles group on board. I've joined the singles group. The cost of the cruise is much higher but the benefit of meeting good people, potential friends is worth it.

I am traveling with my mother but we are both almost like single/solo because we like to do different things. How do you become apart of the group and able to go to the meetings and stuff..

If you are sailing with us on April 18, 2015 from Houston on Norwegian Jewel and would like to join us on our April 30th Lands End Tour in Cabo, let me know at shifferds@gmail.com - We have one (1) seat available at $15 (can just pay me when aboard the ship)

Check out our roll call at

APRIL 18 - May 17, 2015... PANAMA CANAL

"It's not really to May 17, as we disembark in Seattle on May 16, but nobody is perfect, right?"

I booked NCL Jade - Venice to Venice - May 9-16 Adriatic Cruise. Very excited!

First time cruising alone so I am a bit nervous. Only went on one previous cruise which was a 3 day Bahamas one and that was only because it was part of a destination wedding package of a friend of a friend who was getting married in the Bahamas. I was so busy with doing wedding stuff that i didn't really get to enjoy anything about the cruise. So I feel like this will be my first real cruise experience.

I enjoy learning about ancient history so seeing all these historical sites in Turkey and Greece is right up my alley!

I recently sailed the Jade for 21 days doing a B2B in the Med. They did an EXCELLENT job with solo gatherings. There was a solo meetup each evening at 6:30 pm. So, if you were looking dinner companions or someone to go to the shows with, you could arrange that. It was hosted by an activities person who did a nice job of getting people together.

It's nice to hear the Jade has organized solo gatherings. Why can't every cruise line get on board with this?

I agree. Did not know they had solo gatherings on other NCL ships. I was on the Breakaway and the Getaway this past year and chose them because of the solo gatherings. I think NCL gets the award for

most "solo friendly" cruise line.

Edited by 42CruiseCrazy

Agreed. I'm diamond on RCCL, but now that I travel solo, they no longer meet my needs. I have a future deposit with them that I'll have to spend soon, but my next two cruises are on the Breakaway at Christmas and the Escape in February.

I agree. Did not know they had solo gatherings on other NCL ships. I was on the Breakaway and the Getaway this past year and chose them because of the solo gatherings. I think NCL gets the award for

most "solo friendly" cruise line.

I read a review of the Pride of America. The OP included copies of each Freestyle Daily from the cruise. There was a solo gathering each evening with a member of the cruise staff.

Edited by SteelMagnolia9

4 more days until my next Solo Cruise! 2nd time going solo, 1st time doing your time dining. In dire NEED of this vacay! Absolutly loved going solo last time around.. so much freedom and able to meet allot of friendly people :D