Suite amenities

First time on a Carnival ship (Miracle), anyone know what suite amenities we can expect if any?

Pretty much nada.

Your boarding pass with have "Priority" on it. When you get to the port (most embarkation ports) you will be shown to what used to be called a VIP lounge for check in. You can be close to being first to board the ship (within the first 100 or so anyway).

Then when preparing for the day of debarkation, you will be part of the first zone to get off the ship.

Other than that,,,, thats it.

Exactly, NADA!!! This is why you pay more for suites on other lines. Truly a case of you get what you pay for!!!
Not all the time - found a great deal on an NCL suite last year. Same price as the Ocean Suite I have booked this year. NCL really does suites right and you get plenty of perks Also found a promo by using my AMEX - goy $500 OBC. Got very spoiled for the week with the butler and concierge.

I know I'm not getting anything on my Splendor cruise but I think they can do a little more than they do for suite guests.

Exactly, NADA!!! This is why you pay more for suites on other lines. Truly a case of you get what you pay for!!!

Not always the case....

Freedom 8 day OS April 2015 $3582(trust me I KNOW) $448/Day

NCL Star 7 day SF April 2013- ~$3100-$450 OBC(I know THIS too) $379/Day

NCL Epic 7 S6 April 2014- ~$4000-$300 OBC $528/Day

The difference in amenities is like night and day.

We love the bigger room, bathroom, dressing area and closets. So worth it for us. We always book a suite. :)

Agree!!! We cruise with a large group. Our friends always get the suite

next to us (connecting if possible, but we always open the balcony door between us) Then our adult kids come to our double sized balcony and rooms to party.

I book Carnival suites because of the room/bathroom/dressing/closet size. I Do NOT book the other lines suites because I do not want to pay for all the other stuff. I have plenty of fun on Carnival.

Yes, it is like getting a hotel at the Beach or Las Vegas...you pay more for the larger room with the view.....but don't get any free "extras."

Not always the case....

Freedom 8 day OS April 2015 $3582(trust me I KNOW) $448/Day

NCL Star 7 day SF April 2013- ~$3100-$450 OBC(I know THIS too) $379/Day

NCL Epic 7 S6 April 2014- ~$4000-$300 OBC $528/Day

The difference in amenities is like night and day.

Comparing prices from different years is comparing apples to oranges. You need to compare the same week of the same year to accurately compare.

CCL is a good value if you book balcony or lower. For suites, I have to admit NCL's suite perks blow CCL out of the water, and the price is quite comparable if you take advantage of the promotions. I tooked a 7 day Western Carribean on the NCL Dawn last year in a Family Suite. Because I booked during the kids sail free promotion, it instantly saved me about $800 off the kids' cruise fares. Coupled with OBCs thrown in by my travel agent, and I ended up paying less than an Ocean Suite on the CCL Legend, which sails from the same port (Tampa) on the exact same date with almost the same itenary.

With NCL suites, you get priority boarding, priority tender, specialty restaurant for lunch (though I wasn't impressed by the food at Cagneys), reserved seating for shows (though they are at an odd angle to the stage), butler service, daily snacks, bottle of sparkling wine and myriad other little things. But most important of all, the suite itself is way more plush than an OS or GS on CCL.

If I am going to splurge on a suite again, I will definitely be looking NCL.

Comparing prices from different years is comparing apples to oranges. You need to compare the same week of the same year to accurately compare.

Again....not always....

NCL Epic 7-day S6 April 2014- ~$4000-$300 OBC $528/Day

CCL Magic 7-day Spa Suite April 2014- $3534 $504/Day

Celebrity Summit 7-day S1 April 2014- $3399 $486/Day

NCL Jewel 7-day SF April 2014- $3893-$300 OBC $513/Day

Next....

Again....not always....

NCL Epic 7-day S6 April 2014- ~$4000-$300 OBC $528/Day

CCL Magic 7-day Spa Suite April 2014- $3534 $504/Day

Celebrity Summit 7-day S1 April 2014- $3399 $486/Day

NCL Jewel 7-day SF April 2014- $3893-$300 OBC $513/Day

Next....

I didn't say one was cheaper than the other, simply that you needed to compare the same week/year. Next!

Archived