New member with a question

dawei

Greetings fellow cruisers! Being new to the forum, I'm still learning my way around the site. Haven't been on a HAL ship for a decade, but we're now booked for Nov.

I'd would like to know how to add my Mariner icon to the bottom of posts as I see lots of others have done. My wife and I have only 3 stars, but what the heck.

I'll give you the simplest way first, and if that doesn't work I'll give you another.

1) On the header bar above click on User CP and go down and click Edit Signature

2) copy/paste this icon 3starMariner.gif into the lower (edit) box where you want it to appear

3) click Preview at the bottom. If you like it where it is, Save

Is anyone going on Oceania Marina oct 9 out of Barcelona?

Here is a link to Oceania Marina Roll Call for your sailing. This is where you will others on the ship with you. It seems to be reasonably active Roll Call. :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1704143

oops, Sorry. I didn't notice John had already supplied a link. :o

oops, Sorry. I didn't notice John had already supplied a link. :o

That's OK ... if s/he's looking for Oceania passengers on a HAL forum s/he may never see either of our posts. :D

Thank you for the instructions, jtl! I have just tried it but am not sure exactly where the icon will be located (didn't see the lower edit box you mentioned).

Thank you for the instructions, jtl! I have just tried it but am not sure exactly where the icon will be located (didn't see the lower edit box you mentioned).
Well, you found the right place, because it's in your signature. Congratulations!

In fact it's the only thing in your signature. If you go back to User CP/Edit Signature you'll see the symbol in both the upper (Preview) and lower (edit) boxes, and in the lower box you can add text (name, cruises typically) before or after the the symbol and Save again.

And thank you, again, John for how-to on the icon. I see that it worked on my second post after trying to add it.

Now, I'm trying to figure out how to respond to a PM. I can view them and how to delete them is obvious, but how to send a PM or respond to a PM remains a mystery at the moment.

Now, I'm trying to figure out how to respond to a PM. I can view them and how to delete them is obvious, but how to send a PM or respond to a PM remains a mystery at the moment.

I presume you mean Private Message? They aren't allowed on this board. I don't know quite what you mean by "I can view them ..."

John, that explains why I couldn't find a way to send or respond to a private message. LauraS sent me a welcome pm and I was going to say thanks to her. Therefore, it seems that when a member receives a pm (from the administrator only?) all one can do is read it and then delete it.

John, that explains why I couldn't find a way to send or respond to a private message. LauraS sent me a welcome pm and I was going to say thanks to her. Therefore, it seems that when a member receives a pm (from the administrator only?) all one can do is read it and then delete it.
You can send an email to community@cruisecritic.com or boards@cruisecritic.com, subject: attn LauraS.

Hi and thank you for indulging an old lady. It has been 7 years since I have been on a cruise, and I miss it terribly, but in trying to catch up on the past 7 years I have been puzzled about things that I have been reading on the board about changes with my favorite cruise line.

When did a "Mariner's Luncheon" take the place of the reception?

When did the "star" system start? I have a red pin with about 75 days' cruising. Where does that put me? Do you have a chart or something that shows equivalency to the old system? At least I am not so far removed that my last award was "Cadet Mariner" Don't laugh...I still have my certificate!

I don't receive The Mariner magazine any more. Have I not been on a cruise for too long a time and got dropped, or has the magazine stopped publishing?[/I]

Mea culpa, but I am in the cruising mode once again. It's a (Heaven help me) Carnival cruise in November, but there are extenuating circumstances...it's a 5-day fan cruise with Celtic Thunder, and I'm even giving up my yearly Alaska trip to WhaleFest for it. It's the first WhaleFest I've ever missed.....17 years I've gone, but Celtic Thunder won out. I just hope it doesn't turn into a 5-day episode of The Bachelor (only one of the six Celtic Thunder lads is married.)

So thank you , sir, for your information. I promise to get back on HAL very soon!

Cindy Lou Who, who is way more than two.

When did the "star" system start? I have a red pin with about 75 days' cruising. Where does that put me? Do you have a chart or something that shows equivalency to the old system?

As best as I can recall the Star program started around late 2009. With 75 days you should be a "3 Star" and the pin should have been mailed to you soon after the program started. If you have less than 75 but more than 30 you are a 2-Star. If you have your Mariner number you can go to this page https://www.hollandamerica.com/myAccount/Announcements.action

and choose My Mariner Status on the left margin to find out your number of days. If you don't know your Mariner number, first choose Mariner Number Lookup on that same page.

The next step after 3-star is at 200 days, then 5-star at 500.

On that same Mariner page you can click Benefits and FAQs to find many answers about the program.

edit: to use that link you'll need an account on the HAL site. If you don't yet have one, that link will prompt you to create one.

Archived