Grandeur question

So I have a strange question it actually comes from my kids.

We were on the Allure then this happened so I missed the info.

All the people who evacuated from the Grandeur did they get the stuff left in their staterooms back? They mustered and got off ship right, leaving behind everything.

Unless their items were actually in the fire most of it would be returnable.

Don't flame me I know your clothing,cameras, jewelry does not matter but my kids both thought about their lovies and I think thats why they asked and I could not answer them as to what happened to all the peoples stuff.

You have a lot of misinformation. As I understand it, first of all, although they reported to their muster stations for several hours as a precaution, the passengers were not evacuated from the ship and nothing was left behind. Second, no staterooms were directly involved in the fire, although some may have subsequently been affected by smoke or water. The passengers were able to return to their staterooms and pack. They got off the ship with their belongings when the ship reached Freeport the next morning and returned home from there. I am not aware of any belongings that were lost as a result of the fire, which was localized to the far aft portion - primarily in the crew work areas - of the ship

Thank You for the information. Yes I was very misinformed.

No problem. Fortunately, although serious - as any similar situations would be at sea - there were no injuries, and the damage was limited and did not affect the safe operation of the ship. She was able to divert to Freeport - where she remains - for repairs.

The biggest disruption was with the passengers on that cruise and the subsequent cruises through 7/5 that were cancelled. All passengers received full refunds for the cancelled cruises along with varying amounts of future cruise credits as well. RCI arranged accommodations and transportation home for all passengers affected by the cruise with the fire.

The ship's repairs are expected to be completed this week as Grandeur returns to service with her first 7-night cruise from Baltimore commencing on 7/12. We are looking forward to sailing on her on 7/26. :)

All the people who evacuated from the Grandeur did they get the stuff left in their staterooms back? They mustered and got off ship right, leaving behind everything.

the muster only lasted a few hours. nearly everyone was allowed to return to their cabin to finish out the transit to the emergency port. only a few were made uninhabitable.

We were passengers in one fo the uninhabitable cabins, and able to go back to the room to pack up our belongings before we disembarked. However, had we not had insurance, any smoke/fumes damage to items would not have been covered by RCI.

We currently are working through the insurance process but haven't received any reimbursement for replacement parts to our CPAP, etc. It definately showed us the importance of purchasing insurance.

Archived