Pinnacle Class Rendering

cjknox

I'm having trouble finding any more "dam" towns on the Netherlands map, but I now know where Volendam and Veendam are.

Perhaps for a new class a new ending? Start with Nordhorn and off you go. Zuidhorn etc... ending up with Tootyerhorn.

What is missing in this rendering is the Tamarind restaurant forward of the funnels.

Rumor from a VERY reliable source says Tamarind is aft on the deck above the aft pool. One of the big problems with Tamarind on the Signature Class is that no one could find it... one deck above the kid's club? Once people saw all the children's crap they stopped climbing and went elsewhere.

While it would be nice if they followed the Cunard model, I would suspect it will be closer to the Costa Deliziosa or Costa Luminosa with the exception of the massive 8-10 deck atrium. Think about it... lots of rooms can fit in those spaceswhich is exactly why the glass elevators at midship are long gone.

Also, expect to see cabanas on the upper level of the 2 deck lido pool area. That way they can still get their cabanas in but now no one can whine about space adjacent to the pool being used for cabana, bad traffic flow, etc.

A tapas restaurant and a full time Le Cirque restaurant will be new. There is also a rumor that the Master Chef's Table will be its own space and no longer a separate room within another venue.

And the bathrooms will be a lot higher end. You'll see more marble and nicer finishings. No more one piece of molded plastic like they have used for years (Signature class was the most appealing visually but there were major problems with the tub basins cracking due to the way too cheap materials that were being used.

Also expect a radical new design to things you wouldn't expect, like the Front Office. No more huge fortress style desk... and that's all I'm saying there.

And the bathrooms will be a lot higher end. You'll see more marble and nicer finishings. No more one piece of molded plastic like they have used for years....

More important than marble, will there be a useable electrical outlet in the bathroom??? Will there be a medicine cabinet that's large enough, and will there be a door on it?

Those are the details that matter to me a lot more than marble, granite, or higher end materials. The bathroom needs to serve it's purpose.

While it may be fun speculating or suggesting names, our only hope now is that a HAL employee reads and likes the suggestion ... and then wins the contest with it. :)

Already submitted mine; only time will tell;)

Rumor from a VERY reliable source says Tamarind is aft on the deck above the aft pool. One of the big problems with Tamarind on the Signature Class is that no one could find it... one deck above the kid's club? Once people saw all the children's crap they stopped climbing and went elsewhere.
... or tried to get there by walking aft from the Crow's Nest. The reverse was true too. One night while waiting outside for friends to arrive, two times people got off the elevator and wandered around trying to figure out how to get to the CN.

Already submitted mine; only time will tell;)

Good luck - but I ain't bettin' on ya! :D

p.s. - was it pleizerdam? :)

<snip>

I always knew DH has a great sense of direction......

We never had any problem finding Silk Den and Tamarind. I mean really.......

There are deck plans available and they easy to read. :rolleyes: :D

We never had any problem finding Silk Den and Tamarind. I mean really.......

There are deck plans available and they easy to read. :rolleyes: :D

Yes, but some people don't realize that the Tamarind and CN are on separate "islands" of deck 11, and not all elevators can be used to get to whichever they're looking for.

When the get in the aft elevator, surely they notice there isn't a button for that top deck. :D Truly, they don't realize they have to go forward and get the next elevator? ;)

I just count the number of life boats on this rendering and I shudder:eek:

I know many like new ships - I will never say never as I have eaten my words before - but I think before we get on this one - there will be others or other cruise lines to choose from.

Once they are this big - HAL looses it's edge IMO - but it's just my opinion so don't flame me please

Agree Big time! It looks like a giant floating shoe box. No class as far as I am concerned. I much prefer a MUCH, MUCH smaller ship.

When the get in the aft elevator, surely they notice there isn't a button for that top deck. :D Truly, they don't realize they have to go forward and get the next elevator? ;)
But as I said a few posts back, I witnessed two groups of people get off the center elevators at the Tamarind and wander through the Silk Den trying to get to the Crow's Nest. (I straightened them out.) I'll bet a lot go up to CN and expect to walk straight back to the Tamarind.

On the E-dam's first cruise I had a cabin by the mid-ship glass elevators, which I like to take. So, I would head up to the Internet Center via those elevators.

It didn't take too many times having to retrace some of my steps before I learned better. Others can learn, too, I would expect.

[quote name='dr.dawg']maybe the clogdam? or the tulipdam? or, better, the dykedam. or, even better, the 'fingerdam.' wow[/QUOTE]

How about the curmudgeondam? Thought you might like this!

Archived