Pinnacle Class Rendering

cjknox

Where did you find it that makes you believe it is 'actual'? We've seen some posted that for various reasons did not appear to be 'real'. :)

Based upon the official rendering HAL released when Pinnacle was first announced, this image is on par with that rendering.

Also, I just found this website too.

http://www.arxipelagos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14591

Any news on the name of the new ship?

So many of us have heard "Granddam".......

I think by now we've all bounced that name around so much that even if that once was to be the name, they have deep-sixed it. :eek:

I just count the number of life boats on this rendering and I shudder:eek:

I know many like new ships - I will never say never as I have eaten my words before - but I think before we get on this one - there will be others or other cruise lines to choose from.

Once they are this big - HAL looses it's edge IMO - but it's just my opinion so don't flame me please

I know many like new ships -

I can't wait to try it! Not so much that it's bigger but just that it's new and should have things we haven't seen on a HAL ship yet!

Of course it's going to be a problem to get DW to agree to it. Maybe I'll have to tempt her with a Neptune suite, which we've never had. :)

I'm like you Jacqui, it seems too big for me. But I'm sure that they've done their market research and, after due diligence, made the decision that this is the path required to achieve their business plan goals.

After all, I'm the first of the baby-boomers, and realistically I have a mere 10 years, or so, left to cruise (+ or - as health issues arise!!)

I guess HAL has got to plan for the next generation(s) if it's going to stay viable!

HAL has kept their word. We repeatedly were told the new ship would be under 100,000 ton and this Pinnacle Ship is to be 99,000 ton. They must build them bigger to compete. They have to have more cabins, more guests in order to make a profit.

As much as we love 'small' Maasdam, we are amazed how much we like Eurodam. It is my firm hope we have the chance to sail the still unannounced name for the Pinnacle Series.

I think we are going to see some variation in layout and design for this new ship that will set it apart from the Signature ships.

I can't wait to see/sail her. :)

The midships bulge of balconies is a Cunard variation on the HAL Vista Class. No outside elevator but the cabins in the bulge are excellent... if they follow the Cunard model.

What is missing in this rendering is the Tamarind restaurant forward of the funnels.

GRANDDAM? I seriously hope NOT! The ony way to describe that name would be "stupid and uninspired". Names that are intended to be funny are rarely ever funny. We are talking about an ocean liner, not a 12 foot punt. Give the ship a name with a touch of class.... plenty to choose from without trying to be so 'corporate PC'. Make a list of the unused HAL names and ask everyone to pick one that they like... majority wins. Plain and simple.

Make a list of the unused HAL names and ask everyone to pick one that they like... majority wins. Plain and simple.
Unfortunately, they've already decided to use an employee contest to choose a "fun" name (according to Laffnvegas) :( :(

The midships bulge of balconies is a Cunard variation on the HAL Vista Class. No outside elevator but the cabins in the bulge are excellent... if they follow the Cunard model.

What is missing in this rendering is the Tamarind restaurant forward of the funnels.

GRANDDAM? I seriously hope NOT! The ony way to describe that name would be "stupid and uninspired". Names that are intended to be funny are rarely ever funny. We are talking about an ocean liner, not a 12 foot punt. Give the ship a name with a touch of class.... plenty to choose from without trying to be so 'corporate PC'. Make a list of the unused HAL names and ask everyone to pick one that they like... majority wins. Plain and simple.

Two thumbs up.

I could not agree more.

There are a number of traditional Dutch possibilities.

Archived