Is Breakaway now charging for Second City show?

Below is the entertainment list for Breakaway in August. I knew they were charging $39 for the Cirque show. I am not too surprised that they are charging for the Pajama Jam as that sounds like a special character breakfast for the kids. What surprised me was the $20 charge for the Second City Dysfunktional Family Reunion. Second City is also listed a second time as complimentary, so the charge may be a mistake. Does anyone know anything more about this?

Entertainment

BA-RockOfAges_BGE-SM-204x138.jpg

Rock of Ages

Exclusively on Norwegian Breakaway, this 5-time Tony Award nominated famed musical heads up our award-winning entertainment lineup by bringing back the days of the big bands and big hair. Rock out to the scorching hits of the 80s including ”We Built This City,” “The Final Countdown,” “Here We Go Again” and much more. Set on infamous Sunset Strip in 1987, Rock of Ages tells the story of a boy from south Detroit and a small-town girl, both in Los Angeles chasing their dreams of making it big and falling in love. Get ready to experience the smash hit exclusively at sea aboard Norwegian Breakaway.

• COMPLIMENTARY

BA-BurnTheFloor_BGE-SM-204x138.jpg

Burn the Floor

Burn the Floor is a sizzling and sexy show based on the world-renowned Broadway performance, this non-stop, 45-minute extravaganza is amazing.

• COMPLIMENTARY

NIBB01-sm.jpg

Pajama Jam with Nickelodeon

This is a NO SLEEP ZONE! Party in your PJs and wake up with an exclusive buffet breakfast featuring Nickelodeon characters. With character performances, photo opportunities, meet and greets and take home gifts.

• ADULT$20
  • CHILD$20

SecondCityBeach_SM.jpg

The Second City's Dysfunktional Family Reunion

The extended Fullerton family has come together for a week on the Norwegian Breakaway and the audience is privy to every inter-family squabble and soiree. Filled with audience participation and no shortage of laughter about cruising with family, The Second City's Dysfunktional Family Reunion is a one of a kind show built exclusively for Norwegian Cruise Line.

• ADULT$20
  • CHILD$20

BA-SecondCIty_BGE-SM-204x138.jpg

The Second City

Chicago's legendary comedy theatre, The Second City, celebrates its 50th Anniversary aboard Norwegian Epic with a hilarious revue of sketches, songs and improvisation. Watch the brightest young comic talent in North America puts its comic spin on current events and life on the cruise ship.

• COMPLIMENTARY

ENT-bwy-cirque-sm.jpg

Cirque Dreams & Dinner Jungle Fantasy

Step into a magical world you’ve only dreamed of.

• ADULT$39
  • CHILD$39

Michael Finney

Combination of Comedy & Magic has taken him to the top in his field of Entertainment. He recorded the 2009 world comedy magic act of the year.

• COMPLIMENTARY

It's showtime is 12:30pm so I'd say that it's the replacement for Murder Mystery Lunch that is run on other Second City ships, it's the same price too.

EDIT: Just to clarify, the murder mystery lunch is run by Second City cast on all Second City ships and has always been for fee.

This was listed on the transatlantic, but I got the impression from comments that it didn't actually happen, and I haven't seen it mentioned since.

The assumption at the time was that it was a murder mystery type thing.

Perhaps it has been happening but not been mentioned or maybe they are trying it again.

Second City evening shows are still free. If they start charging for them then I'm sure it will be mentioned on here pretty quickly.

I'm not sure if it's still on or not, either, but it is a lunch show. When there's a meal served at a show, there will be a charge. It's one way of limiting how many people will come to it, as it, like Cirque is in a smaller venue.

It's not worth a charge. I didn't care for it for free.

That's just my opinion.

I somewhat agree with you: I have seen Second City in Vegas 3 or 4 times and on several NCL ships. When the cast is on it is great, but other times it isn't worth seeing period. I would not pay to see them, whether a meal was included or not.

I somewhat agree with you: I have seen Second City in Vegas 3 or 4 times and on several NCL ships. When the cast is on it is great, but other times it isn't worth seeing period. I would not pay to see them, whether a meal was included or not.

Went to a Second City Tony and Tina's wedding years ago. It was fun, a bit crass .. but now that I think about it, I had plenty of REAL weddings to attend. . . LOL:p

Archived