Premium Drinks Package

SSFrance69

Forgive me if this is a stupid question...but I see in my pre-cruise options that the premium drinks package is $378. Is it safe to assume that is the price for the package for the duration of the 7 night cruise and not a per day price?

I've never considered doing a drinks package but I'm thinking it may be a nice carefree way to go. Can you select it once on board rather than pre-cruise? I'm pretty sure I've read here that you can and they will even pro-rate it if you don't select it until the second day. Just want to confirm all these things. Thanks!

The price is for the 7 day cruise. You can purchase on board and they will prorate it if you buy it on the 2nd day. We've never had a drink pkg and are looking forward to trying it on our next cruise.

Enjoy your cruise.

Mary Lou

Mary Lou

First post for me on here! My wife and I enjoyed the drink package immensely, it was nice to not have to worry about budgeting (if you don't want a $1000 bar bill) It was also very nice as my wife is more adventurous than I and likes to try new things and if she tried it and did not like it, it was not a waste of $8 each time.

There have been recent promotions that give you a perk (the classic drink pkg is one option you can choose). If you are lucky enough to score one of these, then it is only 11.50 per day to upgrade to premium.

We had the premium on our last cruise (paid full price, no promotion at that time) and still felt it was a great value. Anything 12 and under is included. It becomes very easy to get your money's worth if you factor in special coffees, soda, premium waters (I felt so fancy getting san pelligrino at every meal, lol), fresh sqeezed juices, smoothies, etc. on top of all the cocktail/wine/beer.

Another tip- tell the sommalier you are on the package and he/she will pair each course with a new wine. And you don't have to feel guilty about not finishing a glass and moving on to the next! :D

Forgive me if this is a stupid question...but I see in my pre-cruise options that the premium drinks package is $378. Is it safe to assume that is the price for the package for the duration of the 7 night cruise and not a per day price?

>>Yes, this is the price for the entire cruise. Remember, though, that it will be marked-up by 15% to include gratuities.

I've never considered doing a drinks package but I'm thinking it may be a nice carefree way to go.

>>I purchase the package because of the freedom it gives me. It creates a much more enjoyable vacation. BTW - I do not save money by buying the package but view the extra $$ as the cost for this "carefree way to go", as you say.

Can you select it once on board rather than pre-cruise?

Yes you can. You will see bars staff offering it on arrival day - or, you can purchase it at any bar later (or with your Sommelier at dinner). I usually purchase it prior to arrival since I know that I will want it. In recent years, X has had offers for 10% off of the drinks packages but I haven't seen it since the 1-2-3 package has become popular. I'm still waiting as my next sailing is in November.

I'm pretty sure I've read here that you can and they will even pro-rate it if you don't select it until the second day. Just want to confirm all these things. Thanks!

Good luck and enjoy,

Jon

There have been recent promotions that give you a perk (the classic drink pkg is one option you can choose). If you are lucky enough to score one of these, then it is only 11.50 per day to upgrade to premium.

We had the premium on our last cruise (paid full price, no promotion at that time) and still felt it was a great value. Anything 12 and under is included. It becomes very easy to get your money's worth if you factor in special coffees, soda, premium waters (I felt so fancy getting san pelligrino at every meal, lol), fresh sqeezed juices, smoothies, etc. on top of all the cocktail/wine/beer.

Another tip- tell the sommalier you are on the package and he/she will pair each course with a new wine. And you don't have to feel guilty about not finishing a glass and moving on to the next!

Thanks for the tip on having the sommelier pairing each course with appropriate wine.I never would have thought of that! :D

Archived