Owners Suite Oasis

We are planning a cruise and would like to book an Owner's Suite for our upcoming OASIS cruise on the Western Caribbean. It will be my wife, our three year old, and myself. I am trying to figure out the best OS to book as we have our choice. We aren't late sleepers (in bed by 11 up by 8) and our toddler does take naps but he isn't a super light sleeper.

My ?'s are is there a preferable side to book for the Western itinerary?

The biggest question is what floor? I like the idea of 14 because it's so close to the pool but do you really hear the deck noise at night, early morning, during the day? (anyone with experience)?

I thought about deck 11 (but again is there noise being under the RS or PS?)

Finally I think we would be safe with deck 10 as a last resort but would prefer a higher floor.

If anyone has any thoughts or personal experience I would really appreciate it!! Thank you!!!

I would prefer decks 10 or 11 over 14. I've been on a number of ships right under the pool deck, and about half the time it sounds as if some sort of chair throwing contest going on at 5am. It may be different on Oasis/Allure, but I wouldn't want to chance it.

We LOVE being 1 deck away from the pool, since that's our daytime destination! Makes running back and forth to the cabin so much easier than waiting on elevators! So far, any noise from above has been minimal....we hear more from the hallway than from above!

I would prefer decks 10 or 11 over 14. I've been on a number of ships right under the pool deck, and about half the time it sounds as if some sort of chair throwing contest going on at 5am. It may be different on Oasis/Allure, but I wouldn't want to chance it.

Agree. We just returned from the Splendour and had a GS under the pool deck. By far the noisiest cabin that I have ever had. Chairs being thrown around at four and five in the morning by the cleaning crew and then around six it started again with guests. Add to that at times it sounded like a herd of cattle running around. I suggest one stacked between two decks of cabins.

We had JS 14636 on our first Oasis cruise. I heard chairs being moved at 5-6am and lots of running during the afternoon. Now realize this was right under the children's pool, but we said never again on 14. There may be better spots on deck 14 but we were not willing to take the chance. The next year we had GS 11660 and it was wonderful. You may not use the Concierge Lounge but it is just steps away and great for breakfast. Next year we are back in 11660. Have a wonderful cruise. I think deck 12 would be a good compromise. Oasis docks starboard to port unless they are doing a lifeboat drill.

I think that you just all of your questions answered. Don't book under the pool deck. We have tried that, and have found that, indeed, the crew is working sometimes between 4:30 and 6AM to clean the deck, and move the lounges. It sounds like they are hammering the lounge chairs thru the deck...........although not the case, but it sure sounds like it.

On the Oasis, deck 10 would be a very peaceful place. Someone mentioned the Starboard side for the best view. Depending on which side the ship is docked, and whether you like the shore view, or the ocean view......would depend on which side you would prefer.

Either side is wonderful, and not as important as which deck!

Great question, by the way!!:)

Rick

Agree. We just returned from the Splendour and had a GS under the pool deck. By far the noisiest cabin that I have ever had. Chairs being thrown around at four and five in the morning by the cleaning crew and then around six it started again with guests. Add to that at times it sounded like a herd of cattle running around. I suggest one stacked between two decks of cabins.

And we were in the same location on the Enchantment. In my review, I described it as the sound of the trampling of a herd of elephants.

Our TA recommended that we get port side cabins as while in port they have the best view "most" of the time. We have followed her advice and found it to be true.

YMMV

Frank

We were in 14640 and loved it. The balcony was always in the shade and on our western itinerary we were facing "land" while in port. Your toddler might like watching all the "little people" down there and casting off. The balcony is a wonderful size for little kids.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived