Coffee Card - buy one to share?

sunluva7

I think it was around 1.50 plus 15%. No sure if they have 2 sizes. I'm also not sure if they use your own cup w/o the coffee card. All depends how much he drinks. Also, depending on how many punches on the old cards, you can use them for the brewed and they will punch the card.
Regular size coffee is $1.25 ($1.44 w/gratuity) and large is $1.75 ($2.01 w/gratuity).
Does anyone know if you can use the punches on the coffee card to get fresh squeezed OJ?
No

I have bought a coffee card for our last 7 cruises, always used it for both DH and myself and bought a new one when it ran out. I also use them from cruise to cruise. I had no idea it caused a problem for some people here that 2 people might be using one card!

Terry

We are sticklers for each of us having our own soda stickers but we do share coffee cards, though I am usually a card or two behind DH. He gets only brewed coffee- never coffee drinks- and when the cruise is up may use a few punches to get brewed coffee if our supply of coffee cards is building up, but eventually he passes his partially used coffee card to me. I get only coffee drinks- never brewed coffee- so I'm always using one of his old cards. I do this with a clear conscious. Otherwise, he'd be buying coffee cards and eventually using all the punches for brewed coffee. I'd be buying them and never getting the brewed coffee benefit.

We are sticklers for each of us having our own soda stickers but we do share coffee cards, though I am usually a card or two behind DH. He gets only brewed coffee- never coffee drinks- and when the cruise is up may use a few punches to get brewed coffee if our supply of coffee cards is building up, but eventually he passes his partially used coffee card to me. I get only coffee drinks- never brewed coffee- so I'm always using one of his old cards. I do this with a clear conscious. Otherwise, he'd be buying coffee cards and eventually using all the punches for brewed coffee. I'd be buying them and never getting the brewed coffee benefit.

We kind of dothe same although neither of us drink the speciality coffees! So this trip we have 2 cards with almost all punches left and I will use them for brewed and he's getting another card. If the cruise were shorter, we would have had enough left over for the trip but it's 14 days so a card will come in handy. I think Princess has structured it this way to allow for what we do. If not it would be like the soda sticker and good only for the cruise no matter how many used. Who knows it may go there but for now it is what it is. Saved cards have value whether for speciality or brewed.

I have bought a coffee card for our last 7 cruises, always used it for both DH and myself and bought a new one when it ran out. I also use them from cruise to cruise. I had no idea it caused a problem for some people here that 2 people might be using one card!

Terry

Causing a problem on here and causing a problem on the ship with Princess are two entirely different things. Only one really matters for you.

That makes sense; the punches are transferable, the unlimited brewed seemingly would/should not be. If you're using the punches and he the brewed, that's fine. The "problem" arises when mulitple people use 1 card for the brewed.

Does anyone know if we can get soy milk in a latte onboard? Do they have sugarfree syrups, etc., like a Starbucks?

On all 3 of my Princess cruises they did have sugar free chocolate for mochas,but no other flavors.

Causing a problem on here and causing a problem on the ship with Princess are two entirely different things. Only one really matters for you.
Whenever anything is designated as "unlimited," it's implied that the unlimited applies to the person who purchased it, whether it's a soda card, coffee card, or a buffet restaurant on land. Most people don't think, "This is unlimited so I can share a dinner, a drink, or whatever with as many people as I want even though I've paid for only one person."

As far as sharing one coffee card, once in awhile I order one large to go. We share that large to go cup. We have on occasion been served a cup of coffee for him and a Mocha for me and the waiter only punched the card once. They did not bill us either. So the staff doesn't always follow the rules.:)

We buy one card on each sailing. My DH drinks only black coffee, I get the specialty coffees. I have had punches left over each time. If you buy the card before you sail in California you get hit with additional tax. So we use a punch from a previous card for his black coffee until we sail. Last cruise we bought a plastic mug with the card, this way he could fill it up and take it into the buffet for breakfast.

As far as sharing one coffee card, once in awhile I order one large to go. We share that large to go cup.

So they do come in different sizes? I usually cruise with a travel mug also because I'm used to those Venti cups at Starbucks. A "normal" sized coffee is gone in 3 good sips for me. I don't have a problem with them punching an extra hole if I can get the size latte I need to kickstart my mornings.

I'm also glad to hear there is an option for fresh brewed since I had the impression that the concentrate was all that was available otherwise.

OK, I admit, I am a bit confused.

On our last princess cruise we each purchased a coffee card. We were told that as long as there were "cups" that were not punched out, we could get unlimited brewed coffee.

We were under the impression that we could continue to use these coffee cards until they were all punched out.

Why would that not include the brewed coffee if we had not punched them all?

I am really confused here.

I will bring these coffee cards with me, and if they do not work on this cruise, I will just buy new ones. It is no biggie to me, but I don't see how it would be "wrong" to get brewed coffee (which is way cheaper) than the specialty coffees on another cruise if all of the coffee cups are not punched.

On our last cruise, they never punched them for brewed coffee, just the lattes, cappuccinos, etc.

After all, if I never use them, then Princess already has my money for them. Right?

On our last princess cruise we each purchased a coffee card. We were told that as long as there were "cups" that were not punched out, we could get unlimited brewed coffee.

We were under the impression that we could continue to use these coffee cards until they were all punched out.

I will bring these coffee cards with me, and if they do not work on this cruise, I will just buy new ones. It is no biggie to me, but I don't see how it would be "wrong" to get brewed coffee (which is way cheaper) than the specialty coffees on another cruise if all of the coffee cups are not punched.

On our last cruise, they never punched them for brewed coffee, just the lattes, cappuccinos, etc.

After all, if I never use them, then Princess already has my money for them. Right?

So you're under the impression that you get unlimited brewed coffee for the rest of your life by spending $30 on a coffee card and leaving one punch remaining?

So you're under the impression that you get unlimited brewed coffee for the rest of your life by spending $30 on a coffee card and leaving one punch remaining?

I'll be a little nicer and help you with the confusion. I reviewed your cruise list and you haven't been on Princess since 2010. At that time, as long as you had one punch left, you could truly use your coffee card for unlimited brewed coffee forever.

Since then, Princess has realized that unlimited brewed forever is not practical and now limits it to the voyage upon which you purchased the card. They changed the style of the cards and they now have a place for the voyage number to be entered. Old style cards will still be honored for specialty coffees and you can still get brewed using old style or previous voyage cards but it will cost you a punch.

Archived