Two Eurodam questions

shrimp56

1. Are the chairs in The Retreat only for folks who have rented a cabana?

2. Is the Hydro Pool available for everyone or just the spa?

We're starting to get excited about our Norse Legends cruise next month.

Only passengers renting a Retreat cabana are permitted on that level.

That's not correct.

Any passenger can come out the door, and head to the staircase to the next level up. There is also some deck space forward of the Retreat area that is open to all.

It is the entire area behind the Retreat barrier only that is reserved for Retreat passengers.

That's not correct.

Any passenger can come out the door, and head to the staircase to the next level up. There is also some deck space forward of the Retreat area that is open to all.

True. Don't plan on parking yourself in a lounge chair in the Retreat. You can walk through.

True. Don't plan on parking yourself in a lounge chair in the Retreat. You can walk through.

No, you can't "walk through" unless you have booked a cabana, in which case you can "park yourself". There is a clear barrier between the open crossway and the private Retreat.

There are some cabanas on the Lido deck that you can walk through. From the Spa to the eating area. I'm not sure if these are called Retreat Cabanas or just Cabanas. Was on the Eurodam June 20 - 30.

Those are separate---by a couple of decks---from the Retreat. The Retreat has some outdoor deck space in the center of the cabana area. All of this is private.

In the Lido cabana area, the only private space is inside the individual cabanas.

No, you can't "walk through" unless you have booked a cabana, in which case you can "park yourself". There is a clear barrier between the open crossway and the private Retreat.

Well, people shouldn't walk through and if you weren't raised by wolves you won't. When I was on the NA people not only came in, they walked into my cabana. I guess they think the ropes are for everyone but them. Too bad they don't have access cards to let you into the area.

Too bad they don't have access cards to let you into the area.

I said that exact same thing after we had a Retreat Cabana last year. I think the area should have restricted access. There were people who came in and sat in the centre chairs and had to be told by the attendants to leave. Restricted access would save anyone this embarrassment and save the attendants from awkward situations.

Douglas...Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I said that exact same thing after we had a Retreat Cabana last year. I think the area should have restricted access. There were people who came in and sat in the centre chairs and had to be told by the attendants to leave. Restricted access would save anyone this embarrassment and save the attendants from awkward situations.

That is just amazing. I guess if those folks had been raised by wolves they would have had better manners:eek:.

Can u book cabanas online ?

You have to book through Ship Services.

The prices are different -- the Retreat Cabanas cost more then the Lido Cabanas. You rent them for the week when you book it through Ship Services. There is no guarantee as to which cabana you will get -- you are only guaranteed a Lido Cabana or Retreat Cabana.

If you want to rent one only for a day -- you can only do that once you are on the ship AND if there are any available.

Wonder if current info is different?

Anyone know?

Yes they are available. I had one on the second part of my b2b on the NA last year. I was off the ship until about 3 but I did go there until I needed to leave for the drill. I don't know if you could go early.

Yes they are available. I had one on the second part of my b2b on the NA last year. I was off the ship until about 3 but I did go there until I needed to leave for the drill. I don't know if you could go early.

Someone not too long ago here mentioned that they were able to use their cabana starting around 2 or 3 -- just for a couple of hours.

Thanks. :)

I know this question has been repeated perhaps a thousand times but I'm trying to decide whether to book a lido cabana or a retreat cabana.

Anyone can share their experience and whether the diff in $ is worth it between the 2 cabanas ?

Thank so much fellas :)

If you like to have a more private experience, then the extra money would be well spent for the Retreat. It is your own private area up there and we found it very quiet and relaxing. The Lido Cabanas, while they are still very nice, are much noisier and less private, thus the lower price.

To us it all depends on your purpose. We did the Lido when it was used with family as a meeting spot rather than hogging deck chairs, however when it was just the two of us and we wanted peace and quiet the Retreat was wonderful.

I know this question has been repeated perhaps a thousand times but I'm trying to decide whether to book a lido cabana or a retreat cabana.

Anyone can share their experience and whether the diff in $ is worth it between the 2 cabanas ?

Thank so much fellas :)

I don't like the lido area and I wouldn't spend 5 bucks for a cabana there. I believe the cabanas are $199 for 7 days. The retreat are $299 for 7 days for the regular size cabana. Not sure how much the family size one is.

Archived